XCR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my mislaid flash suppressor back. Thanks, Terra! Actually it's a new one, but that's cool. I've got a couple of questions. First, what's the best way to secure the barrel while torquing it back on? Secondly, it has a washer with a flat side and a cone side. Which side faces the suppressor? Third, I notice that one side of the suppressor is solid. No openings. I'm guessing that goes up? Help!

·
Registered
142 Posts
If its the birdcage and one side is solid that side should go down towards the ground.

It also doesn't have to be on there super humanely tight. Just grab the barrel in your weak hand, screw on the flash hider and give her hell with your other hand, maybe wrap the hider in a cloth or something.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Just got my mislaid flash suppressor back. Thanks, Terra! Actually it's a new one, but that's cool. I've got a couple of questions. First, what's the best way to secure the barrel while torquing it back on? Secondly, it has a washer with a flat side and a cone side. Which side faces the suppressor? Third, I notice that one side of the suppressor is solid. No openings. I'm guessing that goes up? Help!
Closed side down!

I use a peal washer instead of the "Crush" or conical washer but I believe the cone gets larger towards the suppressor.

I make sure my brakes are always "super human tight" but as long as the openings index correctly then your fine.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Yep, big end of the cone towards the suppressor. I secured mine in a vise and used scrap wood stock to shim it up and keep from scratching it all up. You usually don't need to torque to crazy on it to get it to index.

o313- peel washers will make you go crazy! viva la crush washer! :D

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, guys! Got it. The thing needed 3/4 turn to index, and there was no way. Happily anything a bigger hammer won't fix, a bench grinder will. I took enough metal off the washer to get things together. Now I need a Cuban invasion, or Martians or something to try it out on. Can't get to the range til next week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts