XCR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to do something with the heavy barrel on my XCR. It doesn't need it, H-bars are really only useful on a full-auto gun.

I'm thinking about getting it re-contoured into either a light barrel or maybe getting it fluted. Has anyone else done this? It would look really cool on an XCR.
Does anyone know of a good outfit to do barrel work? AR15-barrels.com is usually really backed up.

thanks, R20

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I'm Waylon, and I very much recommend ADCO, as I'm sure Josh will. They do excellent work, and the turnaround is about 3 days. Click on "Shop Services" on the page provided by Terra to get a price list of their work.

Picture stolen from JoshXCR:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone, that's exactly what I was thinking. I love the looks.

Have you guys noticed any effect on accuracy? I got into reading this loooong discussion on how machining the flutes stresses the metal and causes even heat cycling. One online shop I found won't even flute bbls for that reason. One guy recommends having it cryo'd afterward, another said cryo'ing is a waste of money (etc, etc). That conversation got REALLY heated. I only got a headache :-[ .

ps: Santini, I like your 3-day pack, esp that camo knife. Hope you never have to "pop smoke" ;D
pps: Is the upper on your XCR painted OD green?

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I haven't noticed any effect on accuracy, even when the barrel is hot.
I'll try to post pics from the range sometime.

ETA: Yes, it's Dura Coat OD Green.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Looks good...

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That two-tone w/OD looks great. I've got a pic on my home pc of a guy with one in either Woodland or Coyote (I've duracoated guns in both and their really close). I want to coat the rcvr's of my XCR. Just can't decide what color. Maybe Starship-Troopers STAINLESS HAHAHA ;D

cheers, R20

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK found the pics. I'd prob go with a FDE brown, but this color blends into the local ground well. I don't know this guy so I blocked out the face.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts