XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pics are from GB...My SCAR aspirations might be on hold awhile till I decide if I want a new car or not...bummer...Thankfully I have my XCR to keep me warm at night...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Looks like some one took a crap and took pics of it ??? ??? ???

That tan/brown is soooooo UGLY.. what happened to good ol black? Hell even the HK grey was better.

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
Looks like some one took a crap and took pics of it ??? ??? ???

That tan/brown is soooooo UGLY.. what happened to good ol black? Hell even the HK grey was better.
people tell me black is obselete. I agree with you, that color is butt ugly, I guess i like my guns black and obsolete.

·
Registered
142 Posts
It'd look "somewhat" better if the two colors matched and one wasn't more brown than the other. $2500 bucks for what? It still spits out 223 bullets like all the rest. ???

·
Registered
635 Posts
I like the front sight on it. But it does look like it could be sturdier. Or just more solid. If fact that is the kind of sight I hope Alex comes up with to fit on top of the gas block. Otherwise I agree with the post put up to date. I WILL NOT pay $3000 for a rifle that takes 5.56 NATO. If the military is even paying $2500 I think they are getting ripped off. Oops, I meant we the tax payers are getting ripped off.

Again, the XCR looks like (& is :2cents: ) a better value.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I don't mind the colors but that barrel is looong. It needs to be cut down to look proportionate to the rifle.

Agreed, I wouldn't pay that much for anything that shoots 5.56, not unless it was hand assembled, fitted and engraved.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Holy shit... that Gunbroker add is from my favorite shop, less than 5 minutes from where I work. Maybe I should stop in there and see what they want for it.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
What I don't get is the magazine. Why just coat/paint/anodize the part sticking out of the magwell? Why not just do that extra few inches? The same for the floorplate.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I stopped by the gunstore today just hoping to see one. After these pictures, I'm almost glad I didn't. That's really ugly! I just don't get the color mismatch unless it saved them a few bucks.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
It is nearly impossible to anodize the same color as plastic, at least that is what I am told. Even an AR upper and lower can be anodized at the same time and be different shades due to different metal.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Nice Segue...

·
Banned
8,010 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
The first one has hit gunbroker .....

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=120085440

There's another auction going on for one that hasn't even arrived at the dealer's yet <g>

tk
00 is not a bad price, but I think it will go up to 00.

If they come in black and drop it to 00 then I am picking one up.
Uh... $2,800 is the starting price. What is the actual msrp anyway? I'm not saying I wouldn't own one, but if that barrel can't be shortened to at least 14", fuggedaboudid. That think looks ridiculous.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts