XCR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone, I just need one more, PM me a price for it... I can't believe someone else hasn't created a market for these. maybe it's not with it idk I just know I only plan on ever having 2 xcr's and I only have 1 folding charging handle.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
I have one, no idea on price, throw me an offer.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what is everyone paying or asking for these right now. I'd rather not lowball and play games.
I know it is sort of up too the sellers opinion but just wanna get a close number.

also they the hell has someone else not made another version or more, there has to be a market for them if u would be the only one making/selling them.

·
Registered
22,523 Posts
what is everyone paying or asking for these right now. I'd rather not lowball and play games.
I know it is sort of up too the sellers opinion but just wanna get a close number.

also they the hell has someone else not made another version or more, there has to be a market for them if u would be the only one making/selling them.
Probably b/c they don't allow for forward assist.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Well, I don't know about the forward assist...I'm in the camp of "don't force a round in, because you might not get it out." I will say although I love the folding one, I'm thinking about switching back to the knob. First, I had the roll/spring pin holding the thing together fall out in the middle of a 3 gun. I was able to hold the post in with my thumb to engage the bolt to rack, but what a pain. Since I've replaced the pin (which went in tight), I've caught it walking out twice. More than that though, I've noticed peening on the front end of the rails where it slaps down. If the rails were bolt-on and easily replaced, I'd care less. At this point, it's cosmetic, which I don't care much about. But I do worry about future wear.

I think the real reason there isn't a market for them is simply because the XCR is a small market to begin with.

·
Registered
22,523 Posts
Well, I don't know about the forward assist...I'm in the camp of "don't force a round in, because you might not get it out." I will say although I love the folding one, I'm thinking about switching back to the knob. First, I had the roll/spring pin holding the thing together fall out in the middle of a 3 gun. I was able to hold the post in with my thumb to engage the bolt to rack, but what a pain. Since I've replaced the pin (which went in tight), I've caught it walking out twice. More than that though, I've noticed peening on the front end of the rails where it slaps down. If the rails were bolt-on and easily replaced, I'd care less. At this point, it's cosmetic, which I don't care much about. But I do worry about future wear.

I think the real reason there isn't a market for them is simply because the XCR is a small market to begin with.

FBA is not for malf "fixing". As you said...it just makes it worse. It's for a nearly silent chamber check...

But I'd agree that the market for the XCR is small so there's not much incentive....though they exist, so at some point Mountain Man thought it was large enough to do a run.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
There was enough interest when he demonstrated that he was serious enough to put words in to action. He's expressed willingness to make another batch in the past, but said it was low priority. As such, people who were interested never organized, which in turn [probably] indicated to MM that there there wasn't enough interest. So the whole thing vaporized and is not mentioned again.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well hopefully in the near future xcr's get a bigger following, I think there a pretty solid platform and it would be very nice to get a little more aftermarket stuff.
like a damn options on the safety, charging handle, stock adapters an whatever else I can't think of.
seems like RA has been improving over the years tho.

but let's not forget I'm looking for a mm CH..

·
Registered
22,523 Posts
Good luck with it, Mike.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
People who aren't easily swayed by youtube videos have been saying it's a "solid platform" for years. Yet the market share remains what it is. Makes one wonder what the problem is... I'll just stop there.

·
Registered
38 Posts
If anyone has the folding charging handle and NO ONE ELSE is making them anymore, ill take on making some more if someone can send me one to put in the CAD/CAM and ill send it back when its input satisfactorily. PM me if anyones interested, i'll make them another one and give it to them for letting me use it to design one.

If anyone is making them now, please let me know who to talk with to get one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If anyone has the folding charging handle and NO ONE ELSE is making them anymore, ill take on making some more if someone can send me one to put in the CAD/CAM and ill send it back when its input satisfactorily. PM me if anyones interested, i'll make them another one and give it to them for letting me use it to design one.

If anyone is making them now, please let me know who to talk with to get one.
With forward assist, please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts