XCR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any information about installing a folding stock on on of these rifles? As I understand it the receiver is slanted so it wont accept standard AK Stock kits.
The only thing I found for the VEPR was this kit from ACE LTD....
http://riflestocks.com/VEPR.htm

It does however mention....
Note: you must cut off the tang on the receiver to install this receiver block.
What exactly is the function of the tang? Will cutting adversely affect accuracy or reliability/longevity?

Also are there any spare barrels available for this rifle?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you don't have the RobArms VESPR WITH the factory PISTOL grip it won't work. Re-read the website you mentioned.
The Vepr II 7.62x39mm did have the factory pistol grip. The standard one did not have a folding stock, however. The only ones that had the thumb hole stocks were the super .308s.

Although I should have clarified that I really don't want to go with this option because it involves cutting the tang...whatever that is...it sounds kind of permanent to me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I used an Ace Kit on my Norinco MAK-90, and it was a snap. I used a Dremel with a good cutting disk and the tang was off in a few minutes.

Once the Ace kit was installed, I found it to be rock-solid. Very well-designed and built. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again for my VEPR.

The only snag, of course, is that cutting the tang off IS permanent, and will preclude use of the factory stock ever again. In my MAK's case, that decision was easy. I'll admit that I go back and forth on the VEPR.

Maybe I need to buy another one so I can have both versions. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts