1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
327 Posts
Good read, it is sad we are losing all the men that fought in WWII. There stories need to be taken down so they will live on forever.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Very good read, I wonder if we will ever have a great generation like that one. A time when you worked hard and were rewarded (and not by having to pay more taxes for those that were lazy). A time when people didn't sue others for every little thing and when the President of the USA was a man to be looked up to, a general, somebody that had done something great, self made, hard worker.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
My Dad will turn 93, God Willing, this coming June and is a veteran of the Battle of the Bulge. He told me the reason he swore off booze is because drunk he would actually sometimes talk about the war. God love him.....

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
On rememberance day, Nov 11, Britain had three survivors from WWI left. The last three. One tried to stand and salute at the memorial. He didn't make it but he damn well tried, god love him. They got him back in his wheelchair and he saluted his comrades from there.

You have to respect that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts