XCR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have for sale an almost unfired(60 rounds through it) 5.56 upper. No bolt assembly. Just wasnt my thing.
1100, shipped, via ups, paid via paypal f&f or postal money order.

·
Registered
22,409 Posts
I wasn't aware how much smaller the keymod handguards are compared to the mlok handguards. why is that?
I think it has to do with the thickness requirement of M-Lok vs. KM....which is really (that, and M-Lok has bigger 10-32 hardware as opposed to KM's 8-32) why M-Lok won out in the Crane NSWC durability tests. KM is far superior in terms of really locking down and being simple...it just rips out due to how thin the base material is. KM designers should have gone back and made a KM2....with bigger hardware and slightly thicker walls on the handguards. Not a fan of M-Lok.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I think it has to do with the thickness requirement of M-Lok vs. KM....which is really (that, and M-Lok has bigger 10-32 hardware as opposed to KM's 8-32) why M-Lok won out in the Crane NSWC durability tests. KM is far superior in terms of really locking down and being simple...it just rips out due to how thin the base material is. KM designers should have gone back and made a KM2....with bigger hardware and slightly thicker walls on the handguards. Not a fan of M-Lok.
thats interesting. I've seen alot of stress tests where mlok won in durability, but i can definitely see keymod being better at securing attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts