XCR Forum banner

Forum Rules

20K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  admin 
#1 ·
I'm not big on rules, usually common sense will do for me. But common sense isn't that common anymore so here are some suggestions:

1. Be courteous.
2. No bigotry.
3. Have fun.

And please keep in mind that young children of some of the other forum members also read this forum. Refrain from using profanity or posting obscene photographs.

#3 ·
If you want to solve 99% of any issue regarding #2, no bigotry, make this forum "gun only" discussion. There are plenty of other boards, to include other gun boards in which I participate on "touchy issues", that allow those type of discussions.

#4 ·
I think it's a good idea in theory but I've been to a few boards that had such a hard rule and it ended up alienating a lot of otherwise productive contributors.

A forum is a community and when you get to know each other people tend to want to talk about other stuff. I think it's a bit too heavy handed to prevent minor chit-chat. It might be good for the forum in theory but from my experience it doesn't work too well in practice. People are social animals by nature (at least most of us, hehe, there are a lot of ogres out there too).

#5 ·
I have added the ability for you to move your own threads if you decide that you placed them in the wrong section.

#7 ·
Is it a roole that ya HAVE to spel cheque a fread now bifore you send it. :D

No. But it's in your best interest if you want people to understand what the heck you're saying :D

#9 ·
Lets all stick to drugs, guns, sex and beer! Or maybe just the Beer and Guns.. specifically XCRs and why most other rifles are shite!

#11 ·
I usually don't bother reading this section on most forums simply because I don't believe in hard/fast rules in general.That being said there should be some guidelines to any discussion group of this type,simply to be able to monitor and or expel the troglodytes that fail to remember what race they belong to.So my original point is this,I like the rules ,or lack thereof.I'm aware that the asshole ratio tends to grow everyday(the human race not the forum),but it will be the end of civilization as we know it when we as humans can't agree to disagree and not want to kill each other simply because we don't share the same opinion as someone else....

#12 ·
My gut feeling as to why this forum hasn't degraded to the level of some other forums is because of the XCR.

Most people appreciate the XCR for its technical capabilities not advertising capability.

So, the ratio of people who buy stuff because everyone else has it or who see it in gun magazines to people who buy stuff because it works is skewed on this forum in favor of people who buy because it works.

Because the XCR actually works, you don't need to get down to personal attacks and childish name calling to defend it. As a result the overall culture around the gun is different.

#13 ·
So, the ratio of people who buy stuff because everyone else has it or who see it in gun magazines to people who buy stuff because it works is skewed on this forum in favor of people who buy because it works.

This is what I tried to tell some gun buddies when they asked why I wasn't shopping for an AR. I told them I have read nothing but good about the XCR and I like adopting new technology instead of using yesterday's weapons just because everyone else does it.

Besides, if I had bought an AR I would have to defend my choice of manufacturer and possibly mix and match uppers and lowers just to get a "perfect" rifle. With the XCR, it's perfect right from the factory. :)

(I sure do talk a lot of smack for someone who is still awaiting delivery of my new rifle. Hehe.)

#14 ·
Thank you for laying them out. I was going to keep looking to see if they were listed somewhere. I appreciate your working to maintain a decent, educational and positive site.
Kind regards, Sinker

I'm not big on rules, usually common sense will do for me. But common sense isn't that common anymore so here are some suggestions:

1. Be courteous.
2. No bigotry.
3. Have fun.

#16 ·
I have added a comment to the forum rules, take a look at the original post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.