XCR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Re: Found on ARFCOM "TAURUS BUYS LICENSE FOR TAVOR!"

I saw this on Canadian gun nutz about a week ago. The distributor in Canada talked to IWI about it for an American friend. According to IWI it doesn't help you guys out because they "Taurus" will be focusing "only" on Military sales. :mad:

·
Registered
2,839 Posts

I saw this on Canadian gun nutz about a week ago. The distributor in Canada talked to IWI about it for an American friend. According to IWI it doesn't help you guys out because they "Taurus" will be focusing "only" on Military sales. :mad:
LOLOL what military sales.

·
Registered
874 Posts

I am not sure but I can get you a quote when I get home from this nightshift. I can't view it here at work as its blocked by our websense program. I could also have the Canadian Distributor come here and explain the situation as he is in weekly and lots of the time daily contact with IWI. The reason he asked IWI was cause a person from the US was hounding him to find out about it since he is the only guy to have been able to secure any Tavors for civilian sales.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I will go with the saying "never say never." We can only hope that they make their way to the good old US of A.

·
Registered
874 Posts

Actually 60 percent of the parts are made in the USA. Then shipped to IWI for assembly.

·
Registered
874 Posts

If you want to check it out for yourselves go to . www.canadiangunnutz.com

Then go into the black rifle forum

Then look for the Taurus Tavor thread. Its all spelt out there. CanAm is the poster that is the Owner of Canadaammo.com which imported them into Canada and has the scoop on this.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts

Well, let's look at this from a business perspective. The thing is with military sales is that they buy a lot at first and then the number of sales starts to trickle off and then it becomes a small order here and there. So once the orders start to die down, and you are the CEO of Taurus, what do you do next?

More money is spent on guns in the U.S. then any other country in the world by citizens and LEAs.

So if you as the CEO of Taurus had to figure out how you can make more money from producing the Tavor and your military sales have all but dried up, what would you do? :-\

·
Registered
874 Posts

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=328300

Here is the thread its too long to quote everything from it. From really the most recent things Taurus's license is to produce Tavors for Military only. They are not allowed by their license to produce for civilian sales. Primarily they are producing their tavors for South Africa at the time being. Its really gay just like Magpul UBR and CTR stocks in Canada are now to be sold to Law Enforcement/military only and this is under directive of Magpul not the US DOS. But you are right, who knows if times get slow maybe they will allow the production of civie Tavors and that would be a huge bonus for you guys provided they aren't already banned by Stalin Junior.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts

Oh darn, I can't have a Tavor. My life is over. :'(
Exactly. I Tavor would be a nice to have rifle. But I would put it up against an XCR any day.

Oh an my new XCR is coming in tomorrow. I am not going into the office tomorrow just so i can pick up my new XCR and play with it. gigidy gigidy...

My wife is going to be sooo jealous. :D

·
Registered
24 Posts

LOLOL what military sales.
It would probably be sales to Israel believe it or not. The way I understand it, the US gives Israel military aid, but the caveat is that Israel has to buy American military products. One way around it is to license their stuff and use American money to buy it back.

·
Registered
652 Posts

Taurus, Ah Ha Ha Ha!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts