XCR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
John Farnam claims they are the bees knees.

I've been itchin to try some out myself, they look promising.

link the brownells please... :)

·
Registered
169 Posts

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Anyone have experiene with the Cammengas?

tk

·
Registered
3,296 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Ran 100 rounds through Cammenga Easy Mag on a Kel Tec SU-16 (my XCR is 6.8)...no failures. Magazine is quite stout and appears well made. No fit issues with the pull-down front of the mag. The mag is about 1/2 inch longer on the outside radius of the mag, than most other 30 round mags...if that makes a difference to you. It did make a difference on the Kel Tec as the SU-16 has an under folding stock with a slot in the stock to go around the mag. The extra 1/2 inch in length on this mag kept the Kel Tec stock from folding around it. Not really an issue for an XCR. They do load easily...pull down front cover load rounds 2 at a time holding the mag vertically, slide front cover back. Not sure it is really faster than one at a time with your thumb...maybe with some practice. Metal non-tip follower. Overall nice mag. If they make them in 6.8 in the future, I will definitely buy some.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Thanks for the report. I'll have to see about getting some.

tk

·
Registered
42 Posts
My thanks to Jbpark55 for posting the detail on the Fusil mags. I bought several and have used them in my XCR for some time now. I have to say they are rock solid and a great value at around $30 each. They get the BlackGunDog four paws award for good kit.

·
Registered
115 Posts
FWIW I used to think the same way until some one pointed out that the receiver is aluminum and steel mag will wear the any point of contact--like the mag release. So I switched back to the Brownell aluminum mags.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts