XCR Forum banner

Fusil-USA Spring-Steel 30-round AR-15/M16 Magazine: Best Steel AR Mag?

6K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Charlie 
#1 ·
#7 ·
#8 ·
#9 ·
Anyone have experiene with the Cammengas?

tk

#12 ·
Ran 100 rounds through Cammenga Easy Mag on a Kel Tec SU-16 (my XCR is 6.8)...no failures. Magazine is quite stout and appears well made. No fit issues with the pull-down front of the mag. The mag is about 1/2 inch longer on the outside radius of the mag, than most other 30 round mags...if that makes a difference to you. It did make a difference on the Kel Tec as the SU-16 has an under folding stock with a slot in the stock to go around the mag. The extra 1/2 inch in length on this mag kept the Kel Tec stock from folding around it. Not really an issue for an XCR. They do load easily...pull down front cover load rounds 2 at a time holding the mag vertically, slide front cover back. Not sure it is really faster than one at a time with your thumb...maybe with some practice. Metal non-tip follower. Overall nice mag. If they make them in 6.8 in the future, I will definitely buy some.

#13 ·
Thanks for the report. I'll have to see about getting some.

tk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.