XCR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw this appear on Gunbroker

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=124332594

Damn, I'm so waiting on my tax refund.......

7.62x51, 18" barrel and 26" overall length...... >:D

But then I want an XCR-M as well and my budget is waaaaay to restricted.

(Does impression of donkey between two bales of hay)

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Good. The more tactical rifles on the market the better! I would love to have one, but I promised the wife that after I get my PS90 that I would stop buying EBRs.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Good. The more tactical rifles on the market the better! I would love to have one, but I promised the wife that after I get my PS90 that I would stop buying EBRs.
As long as you dont get it in black then it doesnt count right ;D

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Save your money for the M. I think it will end up costing you less.

G

·
This is actually pretty exciting. There are SOOO many advantages to the bullpup design, and it appears as first bluch that Keltec has done thier homework on this.

One of if not THE major advance we could still make in small arms development is the movement to the bullpup design. If we could get a FS2000 type rifle in 6.8 or the "ultimate combat cartridge" the 7x46, with an optic like the Elcan 1x/4x red dot you might have the perfect combat small arm. :2cents:

I look forward to seeing the reports of the early adopters and watching availability and pricing shake down. A 308 scoped rifle I could fit in a tennis racket bag sounds pretty appealing ;)

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One thing that I am very interested in is the 32" barrel kit as well as the 18" carbine. Hey a 32" barrel .308 with an overall length of 40"....... ;D

32" barrel, slower burning powder at the generally accepted velocity increase average of 25fps per extra inch gets another 400 fps. Pushing a 180gr+ pill......nice

·
Registered
325 Posts
I don't see the point in buying that gun unless they have decided to change their view on how to build a receiver. Their .223 rifles/pistols use a zytel/poly receiver, only made to last 8000 rounds. 8k is kinda a long time,but why not make the receiver out of metal? rather save my money for the XCR-M

1 - 7 of 7 Posts