XCR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed my G3 gas valve was no longer flush after a day on the range, did not have any cycle issues I may add. the detent was protruded as well. I emailed in, and was told the gas valve heat treat process had changed and I would need to send the barrel/block in RMA to be repaired. Upon closer look the valve itself was cracked and the set screw could not be removed. The set screw on the bottom of the gas block was also a little lose. I bought this weapon new and had about 5-600rds mostly suppressed in 2 range trips. 12in barrel.

Well, as I said, it gets worse...before it could reach my destination, the barrel was removed from the package I sent it in and no where to be found, and now I am waiting on another barrel to be made...WEAK

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just checked it hand tight as it was new I figured everything would be good to go. The set screw on the dial, is cracked right there, thus making it impossible to remove without further damaging the dial/valve. Which is why I was requested by Robinson to send it in. We'll probably never know now as it is more than likely gone forever thanks to USPS.

oh yeah, after break-in, both my 12in L and M are shot 100% suppressed, on setting 1.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts