XCR Forum banner

gas adjustment nut and lock washer KAPUT.

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Charlie 
#1 ·
shooting the xcr on sunday,i noticed it would not get thru a full mag w/o light primer strikes,on at least
10 rounds,then,i placed a new mag in her,and click,no boom...several cycles later,i noticed 2 things.
the trigger retaining pin cotter was up and out of its hole,and the gas adjustment nut and lock washer had gone missing.....funny,i havent messed with it at all,and it was tight after my last cleaning sesion.
i searched for it to no avail.....now i gotta call and see if RA can replace it....i dont have the moolah to replace,or upgrade the gas system right now..... :'(
has anyone else had this issue?

#2 ·
Are you shooting a 5.56 or a 7.62? Have you had a trigger job done on your rifle?

I am guessing you have the old generation gas block. Those nuts and washers can and do work themselves loose from time to time. Every now and then I get a call from some desperate person who lost the washer or the nut and can't find it in the dirt. Not fun. I would recommend you upgrade the gas block to the new generation - it's pain free and the parts will never be obsolete. Not that I don't have a stash of old bolt and gas block parts - but it's a good idea. I can cut you a good deal on a block, just let me know when.

For now, PM me your address and I will send some replacement pieces.

the cotter pin will work itself out very rarely. You don't see it often. Just keep an eye on it. I can send you an alternate one as well.

#5 ·
terra,
once again you show why i have stuck with ra,and the xcr as my mbr.
alex,you have one of the best people ever on your staff,hope she will stay with your
company for a long time.
everything was recived,yall rock.
thanks,and ill report on my next outing.
elray

#3 ·
In reference to the FN forum thread where they bash RA - it is threads like this that they need to [glow=red,2,300]READ[/glow].

I have yet to see ANY OTHER gun manufacturer even come close to the level of outstanding support offered by Terra and RA in general.

#6 ·
I agree on RA outstanding service level. I haven't had any problems -- but have watched closely , in this forum, as others have and I have been impressed with the quick and decisive support. It is obvoius that the people of RA have character and stand behind their products. Nice to find.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.