XCR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gas block issue? "my gun has cycling issues"

I noticed the other day that out of 3 barrels/gas block combos That 2 of them had some drilling flashing on the inside of the gas dial.

What's happening is that when the holes are drilled, some small pieces of steel are still attached to the bottom inside of the hole. This could be interfering with proper gas flow on various settings, and may account for som inconsitency in gas settings reported by users, using the same ammo.

I recommend that this be checked in each of your gas blocks. If you do find some flashing, it might not be a bad idea to remove it.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Re: Gas block issue? "my gun has cycling issues"

I've thought about making a special tool for this area, kind of like the modified drill bit style reamers for M1A/M14's, to scrape out the carbon.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I'm gonna bump this and encourage folks to check thier dials to see if this is an issue on thier guns.

PLEASE REPORT BACK HERE IF YOU FIND ANYTHING!!

·
Registered
923 Posts

I checked mine and found nothing

·
Registered
44 Posts

I found a small amount of flashing on the inside of both of my dials. I only have about 200 rounds through my XCR, but my rifle seems to function without much issue (except for a problem I had on my last range visit, which I will post in another thread, so I don't hijack this one).

·
Registered
61 Posts

I'll be sure to check this.

Might want to have this stickied?

-Vic

1 - 6 of 6 Posts