XCR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all- I am getting some apparent gas leakage on my new xcr-M and wondering if this is normal. I have around 120 rounds through this - I used setting 7 for the first 40 rounds, cleaned it and then the remainder have been at setting 3 (I tried to go to "2" and it wouldn't cycle). I am using reloads of IMR3031 which is probably dirtier that other powders but it is mostly what I have. It is shooting well and is accurate as hell - just wondering if the gas liquidation/leakage is normal.

Attachments

·
Registered
22,085 Posts
Normal.

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
.....if you could get us an accuracy write up...I know I'm not the only one interested.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So my accuracy is great relative to my other rifles - M1A socom, Ar10. My groups are significantly tighter than with those platforms. My 5 shot groups typically contain 2-3 shots that are touching with (usually) 1 that is one top of another hole and one flyer. I attribute the flyers to the fact that I am reloading and most rounds these days are developed with conserving powder in mind. I'll build some precision rounds once I get it fully it broken and can get outside. The caveat is that so far I have only been able to get to the local indoor range @ 25 yards (actually 28 w/laser). So I have not been able to see if I can replicate the results at 100 yards+. I am pretty confident it will be better than those other rifles - and it is much better to shoot. I'll report back when I can do some proper shooting.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
That's similar to my experience with all kinds of factory Ammo. 5 shot groups, 3 touching, the other 2 rounds would open up the grip significantly. It wasn't always the first 3 that were great with the last two being bad. It came in different order to which shots ended up where. I'd have to go back and look but I think the best groups I was getting were 1.25-1.5". I was a little disappointed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts