XCR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about getting one of these for my Bushmaster M4. Does anyone have any experience with them?

·
Registered
681 Posts
I only have experience with one particular brand. Adams Arms. I've owned and shot other factory piston guns, but I think the AA retrofit is the best I've shot. I have two uppers with the AA kit. An 11.5" and a 10.5", both lefties. I'm going to do their 7" as well.

Check them out.
http://www.adamsarms.net/

Great customer service. You can call them and ask for Jim or Jason.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
It looks like the Adams Arms system is similar to the LWRC "cup over nozzle" system rather than the LMT system which I guess I would describe as a piston in a cylinder. Is this right? Also, does the Adams Arms system come with a one piece bolt carrier, with an integral key? The LWRC still has the two piece bolt-on carrier.

·
Registered
681 Posts
It looks like the Adams Arms system is similar to the LWRC "cup over nozzle" system rather than the LMT system which I guess I would describe as a piston in a cylinder. Is this right? Also, does the Adams Arms system come with a one piece bolt carrier, with an integral key? The LWRC still has the two piece bolt-on carrier.
Well, I don't do the details like that... I shoot them and clean them and if they don't work I get them fixed. But here's a couple of pics. The AA system is on top and the LMT on the bottom. As far as I know the AA one piece bolts are sold separately. My AA kits both have a bolt on carrier key. The LMT is one piece.

·
Registered
652 Posts
did the AA kit come with a bolt or bolt modification?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Thanks for the pics. I can never get my camera to focus that close.
Does it have a macro mode? Depending on how old it is (assuming it's digital) there should be a little flower icon on somewhere on the controls on top or back of the camera. This will allow you to focus very close.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts