XCR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the wait is finally over. My paper work for my Gemtech suppressor came in yesterday. I think it took just over 6 weeks to get the paper work back. I'll be sure to take some beauty images later. This is on an 11" barrel. It's on the standard Gemtech bi-lock flash hider, but I'm eagerly awaiting Aussie Arms (Roy) to deliver me a couple of the new Primary Weapon Systems bilock break/flash hiders.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Looks Great. I cant wait to get home from Iraq and get a couple cans.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Good deal, I've been waiting for my paperwork so long I forgot how long its been. It's got to be coming up on several months now.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
When do you get back, aziator?
I leave in a few weeks, will be gone till Jan or Feb.

Did you see that you were the Karma Winner?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
looks awessome prizm. I'm anxious to hear how it performs for ya ;D
Magik, as soon as I get a chance to take it out, I'll report. I have a carbine class in July, so maybe I'll really get to put it through the paces.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Well, the wait is finally over. My paper work for my Gemtech suppressor came in yesterday. I think it took just over 6 weeks to get the paper work back. I'll be sure to take some beauty images later. This is on an 11" barrel. It's on the standard Gemtech bi-lock flash hider, but I'm eagerly awaiting Aussie Arms (Roy) to deliver me a couple of the new Primary Weapon Systems bilock break/flash hiders.

That's hot. Well done

·
Registered
39 Posts
0000013879 said:
Nice, now you can contact AAC ; maybe they can rebuild it so its actually quiet. Gemtech is way over rated and almost no one who is "in the know" about sound suppression would buy anything from them. Anyways good luck. But if you shoot it next too a AAC M4-2000 you will understand.
There are no AAC M42000s to be had in the northwest. I have a colleague who has been waiting months. I went with a Gemtec HVT in 308.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I waited about SEVEN MONTHS for my AAC M4-2000, direct from AAC - but due to the wait, they sent me a Mod 8 - which in my opinion was worth the wait. I've heard good things about the Gemtech, but check out the results over at SilencerTests and form your own opinion.

·
Registered
53 Posts
As goes Silencertests it appears to be very slanted towards the home team (AAC) with mods who work for them. The best reviews you can get are from users in the field. US troops issued with Gemtechs like them, for the most part, and want more of them.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Man I wish those were legal in Canada. Stupid Gun control in Canada prevents us from having alot of nice accessories.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
As goes Silencertests it appears to be very slanted towards the home team (AAC) with mods who work for them. The best reviews you can get are from users in the field. US troops issued with Gemtechs like them, for the most part, and want more of them.
I agree that Silencertests appear AAC biased.

My son's unit is issued Knights Armament cans, and I had occasion to try one during a recent visit. Nice setup, but very little difference between Knights and AAC from my personal observations.

Yup, un-biased field users deliver the best reviews - but only if they actually have an opportunity to compare. I've seen so many "reports" where some dude has a no name can or el-cheapo, and try to compare it to the guy he saw shooting a few weeks before.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts