XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
What a dick head. Surely you check the chamber first!

·
Registered
356 Posts
He never should have sent her to get it. Chances are this POS didn't have any sort of child-proof measures in place to begin with. Not to mention the fact you don't want a kid knowing where to find daddy's gun.

·
Registered
503 Posts
absolutely horrible. The only saving grace is that we won't have another young lady with serumious daddy issues from a piss poor upbringing runnig around this country. She wouldn't have had a chance either way.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
An unfortunate event. A 6 year old can run and get daddy's gun without shooting anyone but good old dad can't clean it without killing someone. This guy gives all of us a bad name.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts

·
Banned
8,010 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
He should sue the ammo manufacturer. After all, if the gun wan't loaded with their ammo, the girl would still be alive today. :duh:

I hope they lock this guy up for a long, long time. I'm sure he'll make some inmate a fine wife.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
The guy made a mistake. It happens. Only this time the mistake was fatal.

It does however show very clearly that guns are not toys, and you need to be on your A game 100% of the time when handling them.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
No! This guy was a dick head. This wasn't a mistake, it was neglegence. There is no such thing as an accidental discharge. The fact that he killed his own daughter as opposed to someone else is irrelevant.

He didn't check the chamber before pulling the trigger AND he had the weapon pointed at another person AND he was intoxicated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
In addition to the fact that he was in trouble before for a negligent discharge, he erred on too many levels - in my opinion - for this shooting to qualify as a simple mistake.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
First let me state that I AM NOT DEFENDING this pricks actions.However this,most likely,was unintentional,therefore a mistake.It is NOT a simple mistake,IMHO it would classify as a combination clusterfuck.This was a very thoughtless,stupid,dipshit,careless,chain of events that lead to this poor little girls death.I don't know how many here will admit to this but there are quite a few very well skilled knowledgeable,maybe even experts individuals that have had a negligent discharge.I agree with Mickey,and will go one further to point out there are NO accidental discharges,just negligent ones.
This particular individual obviously did multiple things wrong leading to this.If he would have remembered just one Firearm safety rule this could have been prevented.We should however all take a step back for a second and realize that none of of know this guy.So before we light the torches and gather the noose,we might refrain from judging him without a trial.If he has any conscience at all,his guilt will kill him,slowly.That is worse than any prison.
Please don't think I'm minimizing this because he should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.My point was that this individual might be a genuinely good person,that made a sequence of very bad decisions that cost his daughter her life.It is a damn shame to say the very least.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Sometimes it is called crimminal negligence. He knew better and the number of problems/mistakes takes away sympathy for the error.

One error and hey we feel sorry for you, but this guy made several. He knew he shouldn't have done each step the way he did. What a dumb way for a little girl's life to end.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts