XCR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Golfing" at 50yards

I took my standard 16 inch, old style to work at the prison. We were having our yearly handgun and shotgun quals. Some of us "gun guys" always bring an extra toy or two to shoot during the mid day break when the others go to eat lunch.
Everyone there was a military vet and very familiar with M-16 and clones. I uncased the XCR and did the 10 seconds field strip to explain and show the gas and bolt system. ( insert oohs and aahs here ) At the break we were at the 50 yard stations, so we shot from there. I gave each of 4 other officers a 30 rd mag. After each took 4 or 5 shots at the silhouettes, we were all consistently shooting golf balls off the top of 12 gauge empties, standing and kneeling, 1.5 x 5 scope set at 5 power. The rifle ran flawlessly.
If any of the inmates witnessed those golf balls a flyin', I bet it cured any of their thoughts about making it over the wire.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: "Golfing" at 50yards

You are very welcome, Miss Terra. As a post script, all the guys that were shooting, and a few who were watching stated that the XCR was a "very cool" rifle. Especially after I opened it back up and showed them how clean it was after 150 rounds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts