XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Killswitch and SuperRage, I'm finally going to get your stuff done!
FDE for Killswitch
Custom mix for SR

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I need to get something out your way when I get back...not sure what yet.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Alright, i want pics posted on BOTH as soon as they're available!

·
Registered
22,244 Posts
Gr8,

Hope you don't mind, but I have a question about the fluting job on your rifles.

I think I recall you sent the bbl to AR15barrels or someone like that to do the fluting.

Can they also refinish the bbl? I'm not sure what options are available......I'd like to send a 6.8 SPC bbl to someone who can flute it, cut it down to 14.5"ish and permanently affix a Vortex and then refinish the bbl with something durable. I don't know of parkerizing is an option or not or what it might cost to have it refinished.

Can you give me any kind of tips?

Thanks,
Sean

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gr8,

Hope you don't mind, but I have a question about the fluting job on your rifles.

I think I recall you sent the bbl to AR15barrels or someone like that to do the fluting.

Can they also refinish the bbl? I'm not sure what options are available......I'd like to send a 6.8 SPC bbl to someone who can flute it, cut it down to 14.5"ish and permanently affix a Vortex and then refinish the bbl with something durable. I don't know of parkerizing is an option or not or what it might cost to have it refinished.

Can you give me any kind of tips?

Thanks,
Sean
I sent them to ADCO Firearms.
http://www.adcofirearms.com/shopservices/shop_.cfm?code=21
They will re-parkerize your barrel as part of the cost. They'll also refinish it in KG Gunkote for $40.

·
Registered
22,244 Posts
Thanks.....sorry I flubbed who did the work for ya.

Thanks for the help.

Sean

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Alright, i want pics posted on BOTH as soon as they're available!
You'll get mine. I'ma post the hell outta mine! I left out a few parts so it should have a good two-tone FDE/Black look when it's done! I'm thinking of having him do my PS90 stock when I get it.

·
Registered
194 Posts

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Killswitch and SuperRage, I'm finally going to get your stuff done!
FDE for Killswitch
Custom mix for SR
Christmas in February ;D
Come on up and watch the process if you get time!
I wish that I could, but I have both kiddies today. The Jacksonator would be alright but my one year old would be a handfull.
If tomorrow's any better, that's when I'll be doing yours. Today I'll be cleaning up the debris from the ice storm.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts