XCR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning, just found this forum - what a wealth of information. I am about to pull the trigger on an XCR-L order, so looking forward to learning and sharing from this forum.

My XCR-L is going to be:
  • 11" 5.56 barrel
  • OD Green w/ MLOK rails
  • pistol config w/ brace

Excited to see how it runs suppressed too. A few cans at home are waiting for it already.

GA_flyer

·
Registered
182 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Expect a long wait for your pistol, but it will be worth it. I'm curious if the configuration of your pistol will be impacted by the ATF's coming rules revisions on pistol braces.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum. Expect a long wait for your pistol, but it will be worth it. I'm curious if the configuration of your pistol will be impacted by the ATF's coming rules revisions on pistol braces.
Thank you. Rob Arms customer service quoted 4 months via email, so hopefully that would hold true. I wondered about the brace/pistol thing as well, but I figured if I go ahead and order before the ruling hopefully Rob Arms would work with me on any regulation changes.

·
Registered
23,047 Posts
Thank you. Rob Arms customer service quoted 4 months via email, so hopefully that would hold true. I wondered about the brace/pistol thing as well, but I figured if I go ahead and order before the ruling hopefully Rob Arms would work with me on any regulation changes.
I very much doubt the 4 month time frame. Might try a stocking dealer like Kermit.... Gramps96Kz

I'm betting the ATF ruling in August will likely be that RA can no longer sell the type of folding brace they currently use and will have to make something that complies with the 4999 worksheet or sell pistols without any brace feature....though I do wonder how this new 'rule' will hold up with a physically challenged/handicapped person filing suit.

If braces are effectively outlawed, your next step forward would be SBRing it, obviously.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I very much doubt the 4 month time frame. Might try a stocking dealer like Kermit.... Gramps96Kz

I'm betting the ATF ruling in August will likely be that RA can no longer sell the type of folding brace they currently use and will have to make something that complies with the 4999 worksheet or sell pistols without any brace feature....though I do wonder how this new 'rule' will hold up with a physically challenged/handicapped person filing suit.

If braces are effectively outlawed, your next step forward would be SBRing it, obviously.
thanks for the info! I’ve messaged Kermit to see what he has available.

and yeah would likely form 1 anyway.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'd say that if it doesn't ship in time as a braced pistol, then go ahead and have them configure it as a factory SBR. The look is cleaner because you only have factory markings and factory SBR's are more sellable than Form 1'd SBR's.

·
Registered
23,047 Posts
I'd say that if it doesn't ship in time as a braced pistol, then go ahead and have them configure it as a factory SBR. The look is cleaner because you only have factory markings and factory SBR's are more sellable than Form 1'd SBR's.
Meh...as slow as RA is, I'm not sure I'd go that route, personally (to each his own....I find selling SBRs such a PITA it's not worth doing). All depends on how anxious you are to get your gun in hand.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts