XCR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am heading out to a wedding this weekend but not before I head out to my brothers place for some Gopher sniping. I will see the the effectiveness of AE 55gr FMJ on gophers. As well as Black hills 52gr match hp, 60gr sp, and 77gr Match HP. I will try and post some pics after I get back. Long drive though 450 miles there and back.

·
Registered
356 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Hope you have a couple of ammo cans full. I remember doing just that growing up in Dakota. The National Guard provided free ammo. Ever shoot them with an M-1 Garand? Almost as much fun as trolling chickens for sharks. 8)

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MrSmitty, where abouts in Canada are you? I've been itching to get my XCR out for Gophers this year!
I live in Alberta way up north in a place called Fort McMurray. We have more oil up here than Saudi Arabia. But anyways here are a few pics from the hunt. Low res cause my camera died and my buddies camera isn't nearly as good.

My younger Brother with my Tavor and a gopher he bagged.

My buddy Terry with my Tavor also with a gopher he bagged.

My buddy Terry with my XCR with another gopher he bagged.

My buddy Terry with my xcr and my tavor

And Last but not least me with two gophers I bagged in rapid succession with the XCR.

I hope these weren't too gruesome for some of you. The poor little buggers were disemboweled. But oh well the Ranchers will be happy we removed them from existance.

·
Registered
923 Posts
MrSmitty, where abouts in Canada are you? I've been itching to get my XCR out for Gophers this year!
I live in Alberta way up north in a place called Fort McMurray. We have more oil up here than Saudi Arabia. But anyways here are a few pics from the hunt. Low res cause my camera died and my buddies camera isn't nearly as good.

My younger Brother with my Tavor and a gopher he bagged.

My buddy Terry with my Tavor also with a gopher he bagged.

My buddy Terry with my XCR with another gopher he bagged.

My buddy Terry with my xcr and my tavor

And Last but not least me with two gophers I bagged in rapid succession with the XCR.

I hope these weren't too gruesome for some of you. The poor little buggers were disemboweled. But oh well the Ranchers will be happy we removed them from existance.
Very nice, I hope you had fun. I looks to me like a .223 is just a little bit of over kill on the little suckers, The XCR looks different with that long barrel

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya thats only way I can buy one where I am not restricted to shooting it only at a range. :mad:

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Now that is how a "long barrel" 6.5 or 6.8 might look to get max velocity. Nice pics. :2cents:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts