XCR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I needed to be able to mount my sling to the front end of my XCR. I was just going to buy the Vltor rail mount, but then I found this neat little doodad from Krebs Custom.

Now for those of you who do not know what Krebs is, they make custom high end Kalashnikovs. They also make accessories that are very well thought out.

This little doohickey mounts to your side rail and allow you to mount a vertical foregrip at a slight angle outwards. This was originally designed for AKs using a rail system so you can still rock the mags in and out of the magwell. A good side effect of this is that it is VERY comfortable and ergonomic and frees up the lower rail for long weapon lights or other accessories that need a lot of real estate on your 6 o'clock rail.

I'm very pleased with it and it is one of the best accessories that I have ever bought for a firearm.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Interesting. Is that a single point stock or do you have the other end attached somewhere? Pic?

Also I take it you are a righty? Almost seems like it would throw the weight a little bit.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting. Is that a single point stock or do you have the other end attached somewhere? Pic?

Also I take it you are a righty? Almost seems like it would throw the weight a little bit.
I just took the front sling swivel off the mount so you can see it better. If you look at the first pic, the one where you can see the whole rifle, you can see the front part of the sling mounted.

I am a righty and it actually balances better IMHO. The weight feels more manageable with this setup.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
that'd be good for a small red dot to be mounted on an angle so you could keep a scope on top too. Provided you mounted it the other way of course.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
That is indeed interesting. I would have to shoot it a bit before I pass judgment. just thinking out loud though, I like having my hands in as far as I can get them, in turn keeping my elbows in tight against my body. It gives me more stable platform to shoot offhand.

For the Micro mount, go with this. I have played around with it and it is nice. Click on photos to see examples

http://www.danieldefense.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=113

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I like it. It looks like the tailcap of a light mounted forward of this "doodad" would overlap and clear the area where this mounts to the rail so you could depress a cap button with your left thumb while holding the grip. True?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like it. It looks like the tailcap of a light mounted forward of this "doodad" would overlap and clear the area where this mounts to the rail so you could depress a cap button with your left thumb while holding the grip. True?
Exactly right. It was designed to be used in conjunction with a mounted light.

·
Registered
923 Posts
What type of sling do you use ?

Does the sling get in the way of using the grip and a light ?

Are you able to reverse which rail the grip sticks off of between 3 and 9 ?

Thanks for the input

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What type of sling do you use ?

Does the sling get in the way of using the grip and a light ?

Are you able to reverse which rail the grip sticks off of between 3 and 9 ?

Thanks for the input
The sling is a Blue Force Gear Vickers sling. I have not yet used a light with it but it does not seem like it will be in the way. Yes you can swap what rail it is on no problem.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I like that front sight. Will that work with a standard removable A2 rear sight?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Can you provide a link to this part on a web site? I've searched the Krebs Custom site but couldn't find this part. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts