XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
22,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hyatt Guns preorder was a joke. They told me it'd be here early this week....never came. Ended up buying locally for less money anyway.

Initial impressions....very favorable. Trigger on my particular gun (looked at another in the shop and it had a longer reset) is a little gritty on take up, but the reset seems shorter than my PPQ which IMO is the most important part of a trigger. Think it can be polished to smooth out the take up. It seems to be about the same amount of reset travel as my Glocks with the OWP trigger shoe/bar and Ghost Pro 3.3 connector, but obviously a longer take up to the wall. I need to take some actual measurements, but I gave the gun to a friend who was going to shoot this weekend (along with my G17C and PPQ Navy....he's looking at buying one or all 3 models so I let him try them out so he'd know which he liked best). I should be able to get those measurements early next week if anyone cares.

It has a VERY familiar Glock feel to it. Bore axis seems about as low. BEEFY bbl extension. Think Glock Gen 3 recoil rod assembly....not the fancier double spring Gen 4. Texturing IMO is perfect. It's got what appears to be grip mapping technology (similar to Stryk B) on the individual blocks so the gun locks into your hand on recoil. Nicer than Glock beavertail. Very comfortable grip....moreso than Glock.....close to as comfy as the Berretta APX. Spent very little time with the gun (friend went with me to the shop and we parted ways there) so not really sure how awesome it is....but it seems pretty awesome. Who knows though....thought the APX was going to be incredible and it took a few hours to figure out it had a huge hole in the side of the gun, LOL. Then I shot it and found out it just didn't shoot that great in spite of having the best ergos I've held in a handgun.

Am really looking forward to a comparison between the P10C and my Gen 4 G19 and even moreso....my Gen 3 G19C.

My Stryk B's latest ship date is 7/13. It's the one I'm most excited about.....we'll see if it sux or not once I get it.

Reactions: Merlin

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Thanks Sean! I probably will not be getting one for a little while, I could not resist the price on these 2. Font Symmetry Electric blue Pattern Art Plus it looks like I have become a trigger snob like B. Font Symmetry Electric blue Circle Pattern
Already polished the ramps and trigger shoe/bar. Have not shot them yet. the only concern I have is the reliability but they both have seen some use, especially the 9 so I am hoping that the previous owner/s have vetted them. Not as large a capacity like the CZ but I guess I will have to make do.;)
Fully disassembled and cleaned both. The 40 only came with one mag, no box, holster etc. but the 9 had everything, seemed to have been used more though.
Air gun Trigger Grey Gun barrel Gun accessory Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Interested to see what you think of the Stryk. I'm tossing up getting one of those or a CZ Shadow 2.

·
Registered
22,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interested to see what you think of the Stryk. I'm tossing up getting one of those or a CZ Shadow 2.
Friend that went with me to the CZ Custom Shop to look at the P10C ended up on the fence about the P10C....but ordered a Shadow 2 after finger banging one in the showroom (all they had was a custom one for $1713 or one that was really tricked out at like $2900). He ordered the factory $1300 model. I liked the Shadow 2 in terms of feel and the custom one was like butter in terms of the slide action....trigger was crisp and smooth...but the reset wasn't anything special even after it had been worked over (IMO). At 47 ozs. .....not something you'd ever carry. More of a range toy/race gun.....which I'm not sure I personally would want to get accustomed to such a sweet shooting, low recoil pistol only to have my carry gun be much lighter and be more recoil sensitive. They are beautiful guns though....high quality for sure.

·
Registered
22,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Friend didn't shoot it....got busy with honey do's over the weekend. Just got it back. Reset appears to be about 4/32"...so just a touch longer than the PPQ.

Probably won't shoot it myself for a while....friend is borrowing it again tomorrow or before Friday.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Probably not going to be all that noticeable to non-operators like myself. Thanks for the update. I know you haven't shot it yet but do you believe that people will be looking to modify the triggers?

·
Registered
22,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Probably not going to be all that noticeable to non-operators like myself. Thanks for the update. I know you haven't shot it yet but do you believe that people will be looking to modify the triggers?

I think there's a definite market for lighter pull....and shorter take up. Take up wasn't crazy long.....but it would be nicer if you could get rid of the majority while making the trigger pull lighter. Mine's smoothed out quite a bit just from dry firing....not sure it even needs a polish at this point.

If an aftermarket trigger comes out....I'll likely at least be interested.

·
Registered
22,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not overly impressed with the sear engagement system. Doesn't seem very robust....weird plastic block under the slide and teeny tiny spring visible by just turning it over. Bore axis height is very similar to the APX. No huge frame gaps like it has though. Front stippling is too aggressive...easy to fix with a file or sandpaper though. Smallest grip is almost too small...not sure how they got it so slender. Very comfortable grip though. two metal "boxes" enclose the magazine....one from the fire control group going back to the dual spring set up for the trigger and the other for the ambi slide stop release.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Update?

·
Registered
22,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Buddy still has it....no update from him. Not sure if he's even shot it or not. Will know something Monday and will post up. Been dicking with this stupid VEPR 12....Russian piece of shit, LOL. They must laugh all the way to the bank on the stupid Amerikans buying their vodka specials. :)

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Buddy still has it....no update from him. Not sure if he's even shot it or not. Will know something Monday and will post up. Been dicking with this stupid VEPR 12....Russian piece of shit, LOL. They must laugh all the way to the bank on the stupid Amerikans buying their vodka specials. :)
Certainly laughing at Trump now.

·
Registered
22,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
22,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for sending these pre workout supplements Sean! I probably will not be getting one for a little while, I could not resist the price on these 2. View attachment 12882 Plus it looks like I have become a trigger snob like B. View attachment 12874
Already polished the ramps and trigger shoe/bar. Have not shot them yet. the only concern I have is the reliability but they both have seen some use, especially the 9 so I am hoping that the previous owner/s for them. Not as large a capacity like the CZ but I guess I will have to make do.;)
Fully disassembled and cleaned both. The 40 only came with one mag, no box, holster etc. but the 9 had everything, seemed to have been used more though.
View attachment 12890 View attachment 12898
That looks nice, I think I may have to get one of these.

·
Registered
22,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Short verison: Friend took 5 pistols to the range. 2 were his....a new CZ Shadow 2 and G17 Gen 3 with OWP trigger and Ghost Pro 3.3 connector. 3 were mine: G17C Gen 3 with OWP and Ghost 3.3, Walther PPQ Navy M2 with threaded bbl and Apex trigger, and a factory CZ P10C.

Shadow 2 grouped the best at 11 yards (all shots at this distance). G17C was the most fun to shoot. He didn't like the PPQ at all. P10C was not a "Glock killer" but was pretty nice, especially at the price point. His complaint was the trigger wasn't as good as the Glocks (obviously that's not really apples to apples since both Glocks had lots of aftermarket upgrades) and that the trigger safety pinched his finger.

I'm thinking I may get to shoot it this weekend. Not sure on that though. I'll post up if I do.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Did you shoot that cz yet?

·
Registered
22,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Was supposed to this weekend.....but had an accident at work on Friday afternoon....almost lost my right eye. It'll be a while before I can get out now.....assuming it all heals up well.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Well, that sucks. Get better soon. Protect those eyes, your connection to the world.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.