XCR Forum banner
21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
22,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
High pressure line full of Isopropanol let loose while I was cleaning it. At least it wasn't full of 6900 PSI Helium....definitely could have been a lot worse.

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
What is the long term prognosis Sean? Hopefully no permanent damage.

·
Registered
22,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
What is the long term prognosis Sean? Hopefully no permanent damage.
Don't know yet.....things are really blurry at about 9-10 days after.....so not likely good.

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
Sorry to hear. Hoping for the best for you.

·
Registered
22,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·

·
Registered
22,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
Against Dr's orders....went shooting today.....mainly to check function on the VEPR 12...which functioned flawlessly on cheap bulk 3 dram Federal from Wally World...under $20 per 100.

Only ran 4 mags out of the P10C.

With my impaired vision, it's hard to tell how accurate it is. Seemed to run pretty good at speed....more muzzle flip than I expected with the Glock feel to it....need to run it against the wife's G19 Gen 4. I'd almost say my PPQ actually shoots a little better.....but again, need to actually run it next to other guns. Today was just too hot and I was only really trying to make sure the VEPR would run cheap ammo reliably.

Trigger is good....not great, but pretty darn good. Reset is short...not as short as I'd like, but great for a factory gun. Take up is a little longer than I'd like and I think the pull is a little heavy....only 2 complaints really.

Mags didn't reliably lock back due to my grip; not a problem with the gun's design. May have to cut off the left side tab to cure the problem.

Sights are fine....will likely upgrade to tritium at some point. Need to find a decent holster.....Grip is aggressive, but good.

Sorry for the short report.....

Reactions: Merlin

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
The take up was probably intentional, as duty pistols tend to have.

·
Registered
22,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Reactions: Merlin

·
Registered
22,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
Gratuitous VEPR 12 shot....

CAM00523_zpsbyfctdnj.jpg Photo by seanking1776 | Photobucket

Still have a lot of work to do on it in terms of cutting down the bbl and perm'ing the brake on at 18" which will necessitate cutting up the handguard as well as still needing to smooth/sand a lot of parts, re-blue them, etc.

Pics of Tailhook on Scorpion EVO:

http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/seanking1776/media/CAM00522_zpsg0ivm98e.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

Folded:

http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/seanking1776/media/CAM00521_zpspm9nflnp.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Nice toys. But, holy cow, I see what you mean about photobucket. I think I had to click through at least 10 ads just to see one picture. It's a bucket of some sort alright.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Thanks for the quick review!

·
Registered
22,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Nice toys. But, holy cow, I see what you mean about photobucket. I think I had to click through at least 10 ads just to see one picture. It's a bucket of some sort alright.
Shit...I thought you'd just click the link and go to the pic.

If it's making you go through all those ads, I'll just open a flickr or imgur account instead. I was just being lazy yesterday. Sorry for making you click the link. :(

·
Registered
22,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Shit...I thought you'd just click the link and go to the pic.

If it's making you go through all those ads, I'll just open a flickr or imgur account instead. I was just being lazy yesterday. Sorry for making you click the link. :(
Not your fault. It's P'Bucket sucking at monetizing their site.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
How are those eyes doing, Sean? Anymore time behind that new CZ? Hope all is well.

Reactions: Carpenter

·
Registered
22,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
How are those eyes doing, Sean? Anymore time behind that new CZ? Hope all is well.
Eye is still screwed....

Planning to take it out today actually. Not sure I will be able to report anything on accuracy for obvious reasons, but I am bringing the Glock and PPQ to compare to.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Don't take your eye out, you might need it! JK, man I hope that eye heals up soon and well. We'll keep praying for you at our dinner table!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Yeah that sucks! Do you have a prognosis on the eye?

21 - 40 of 72 Posts