XCR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
163 Posts
Hey TK

Brass kisses are normal and you can do Gilliee modification to lessen the distance the FAL will throw your brass. I have a hard time with his writing style so I have not tried to modify my rifle as of yet.

As for setting you gas setting do it according to the manual, hand feed one round at a time and start out on the lowest setting and add more gas till the Bolt Hold open works then give it two more clicks this will give you the lowest gas setting with out beating up the rifle.

The sheet metal cover being the least expensive part would be my recommendation if I were going to modify anything. Some people have put tape on there receiver to prevent the brass kisses on the receiver.

I do not know of any remedy to prevent the brass from being beaten up. I am shooting up my stock of surplus, which is Bredan primed and saving my Boxer primed ammo until I use up the surplus first.

· Registered
163 Posts
tk

I have the same gas system as you, Short, my rifle started out as a plain Tactical Carbine and have always had issues with the rifle throwing brass a mile away on setting 7.

I then installed the Hampton Para lower and I have seen a decrease in the distance the brass is being thrown now also the cover is not getting as beat up as the original cover did.

At one time I had a DSA scope mount and it was getting beat pretty good.

As for Gillee he has made a number of friends as well as enemies with the ideals that he has offered as for me I can not understand a thing he writes so I just avoid him.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.