XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Called and placed an order today for an AAC M42K and a 762SD. They were just a few of the cans at 2008 pricing and I am excited. i wont get to send the Form 4s in until I get home then I will have to wait for the required time. I am still trying to decide what 22 can to get. I will get an EVO 9mm once I get back. I am thinking about the SWR for the 22 but I would like to hear/see the new AAC Element first.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
My buddy bought a YHM can for 22 and shot side-by-side with an AAC it was just the same. If you're not a brand name guy it'll save you some bucks on a can that's less than the tax.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, i have looked at the mite. I have an old Mark White/Soundtec can, which is basically what YHM is building now. With the current rules I would prefer to have a take-apart. Living in GA there seems to be a few different manuf. but nobody local to me carries anything. The SWR Spectre looks better and better the more I look at it. I am not a huge brand guy, just want something that will last a lifetime since it is a lifetime investment.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
The Mite can be disassembled I'm pretty sure. Now I can't remember. Curse my age! :duh:

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I think you are right. I think they have a few different versions of it, the stainless one is take-apart. i am going to shoot a few different cans before I decide, just like I did for the centerfire rifle cans.

On another note, my email has been down or I would have told you sooner, I should be home within a week. Not sure if you sent that DVD, I was going to tell you not to now as it will just sit over here until someone could forward it back to me. Thanks again for the thought.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Packed it up but didn't send it. I can forward it to the homestead, if you want?

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sure, you still have my address? I will send you a HK mag in exchange.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I will say this about the YHM cans, they are arguably the best can for the price out right now and one of the quietest.

I was also under the impression that Soundtech was making the cans for YHM.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That may be with the Soundtech stuff. I haven't done much research into it, I know my can is stamped soundtec, Pelham AL. Not sure about the YHM. I have heard that soundtec is making them and i have heard that YHM bought the rights to make them... ???

·
Registered
652 Posts
Interesting.

Either way it's a good deal and AAC just raised their prices $100 and removed the flash hider. WTF!!!!

Dealer cost on AAC's was great but between the extra $100 and no brake I may buy something else for my next can.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, they did raise prices for a few of their cans, mostly the ones that they can't seem to keep up the supply in relation to the demand. You are looking at an extra $200 for an M42K or 762SD with 2009 pricing. I was able to order 1 of each for me and my buddy ordered 1 of each as well, at the 2008 pricing.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Timeline starting

Forms mailed in 10 Feb
Check Cashed 17 Feb

April can't come soon enough.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Sweet! Check cashed in 7 days, not bad. I mailed in my latest Form 1 about a week before the holidays and it took three weeks to get cashed. Expected it to take a little bit longer though. I still think it's neat you can call and get a status. Before I'd just mail it in and eventually all but forget about it and it'd be a surprise when they showed up!

My next can is going to be a YHM Mite. Gotta prepare for the XCR rimfire conversion!

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah, I am waiting for my guys to get in an element so I can shoot it side by side with a few other cans and see if it is really worth what they are asking for it. I already have 1 .22 can but you never can get enough.

·
Registered
652 Posts
sent in my LMT 10.5 paperwork and

Sat 21st received

Tues 24th check cashed

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Talked to my dealer, YHM Mite is on order. I haven't heard from him what the backlog is yet. My new goal is to have at least one Form 1/4 in the que at any time! :D

·
Registered
652 Posts
Talked to my dealer, YHM Mite is on order. I haven't heard from him what the backlog is yet. My new goal is to have at least one Form 1/4 in the que at any time! :D
Great Idea!!!

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
A thought process made all the more easier given the deployment status of the spousal unit!

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Received the 2 cans today, the form 4s were approved 9 May. I am not sure what day they went pending, I know it was around the end of April.

I am waiting on 2 more cans, 90 days isn't all that bad for a turn around time.

·
Registered
652 Posts
my last paperwork was like 96 days post check cashing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts