XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked it up from FedEx today. I sent it off to be converted. I also had a rail welded to the gas tube and custom iron sights added. Here she is, disassembled and blasted to bare metal (hence all the oil). As soon as I get a warm enough weekend, I'll start the Duracoat camo job.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
That should be good for making lots of noise at the range.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm jealous! What kind of paint job are you gonna give it? I've been meaning to pick one of these up, what manufacturer is yours? Any I should avoid?

Regards

·
Registered
142 Posts
Damn, I need to get mu saiga converted, I just have the Tapco stock and grip in the back right now.

Did you have any trouble getting it to cycle properly for your first 200-300 rounds?

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven't shot mine yet, it's disassembled and blasted to bare metal in anticipation for when I get good enough weather to Duracoat it on my back deck. I'm either going to do a custom digital camo job on it or a variation of the British Woodland DPM scheme.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
GR8, Yeah hindsite is 20/20 now that the price is higher than shit. Be sure to post pictures. 8) ;D

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
That is sweet! Hope he finishes the top weld on rail soon too.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Who did your conversion? looks good so far, keep us updated ;D
A guy who goes by gunfixr on the SAIGA forums did the conversion work, fabricated the iron sights, and welded on the top rail for me. I don't plan to use it in competition. thanks everyone for the kind words.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts