XCR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to VB....for suggesting that if you really want it....call the lovely ladies at RA and ask which stocking dealer might have what you're looking for.

I had an order in since early December and was told today that the wait would be a little longer. I ended up paying a little more, but I got it right down the street from my house!

In any case, my rifle has the folding stock....but it's really short. I remember someone mentioning an "entry" model folder that was 1" shorter than standard. How do I know if this is what I have on my rifle?

My stock is 7 3/4" from the crease where the stock folds to the end of top edge of the rubber butt pad.

The only problem I have with it is that the large aperature for my rear Troy flip up is HUGE, so much that it's not really useful. If I move the sight forward more, it won't lay flat when collapsed. The smaller aperature is okay....but even still it seems like I'm resting the stock against my chin rather than my cheek (aka, my AR sights are too tall to give me a good cheek weld).

I have a UBR that I'm planning to install once the adapter gets here (possibly....I really like the way the folder functions...it's just ugly IMO)...but the cheek weld thing may require that I go ahead and put a CTR cheek riser on the UBR (yes, I checked with Magpul and it will work....though not as well as the CTR they are designed for).

Any info regarding the "entry" model of folder or cheek weld information is appreciated.

Sean

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, and I'm not familiar with LOP (length of pull) as far as how it is measured.

I found another post mentioning the 12" LOP (entry model) and 13" LOP standard. If I measure from my trigger to the middle of the curve in the stock's rubber butt pad, it's 12".

Is this LOP?

Thanks,

Sean

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Congrats, and I would bet that if you put the entry stock up for sale/trade in the marketplace section here, you would find someone to take it off your hands lickety-split. For whatever reason, those entry stocks seem to be in high demand. I bet you could find someone to straight trade for either the standard folder or the M4 folder.

What caliber? I have read all your 6.8 posts and am going to wait on the 1:11 barrel based largely only those.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Are people really interested in getting the standard XCR stock? I'm not happy with mine and am ordering the $55 tube adapter so I can mount a Magpul CTR.
If someone wants to trade or buy, where would I post it on this forum?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Are people really interested in getting the standard XCR stock? I'm not happy with mine and am ordering the tube adapter so I can mount a Magpul CTR.
If someone wants to trade or buy, where would I post it on this forum?
The trading post. Some people really like the stock folder!

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Terra will usually trade out the folder for something else,if there's no wear on it.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congrats, and I would bet that if you put the entry stock up for sale/trade in the marketplace section here, you would find someone to take it off your hands lickety-split. For whatever reason, those entry stocks seem to be in high demand. I bet you could find someone to straight trade for either the standard folder or the M4 folder.

What caliber? I have read all your 6.8 posts and am going to wait on the 1:11 barrel based largely only those.
I went with 5.56 first....I plan to go 6.8 as soon as the 1:11's are available. Since it only comes in HBAR, I'll send it off to ADCO (Or preferably someone else) and have it fluted, re-parked, shortened and the Vortex attached.

As for the stock....I really, really like it.....but it's just a little too short. I don't know that a regular 13" LOP would work better since the other problem is the sights sit too high.....I'm scratching my head as to why RA didn't just elevate the stock 1/2" so the rail height would be like an AR in relation to the the cheek rest position.

Doesn't matter.....I've alreay got a UBR for it and Allison is shipping me the M4 fixed adapter, so I'll try that with a riser for a CTR and my problem should be solved.

Then, I'll have to decide if I'll sell the entry stock. I'm kinda waiting to see what happens with the new RA folder/collapseable stock with adjustable comb height. If it's like the ACR's stock, I may go that route and put the UBR on my other LMT lower.....if that happens, I'll definitely be looking to sell the entry folder, but at that point, I would guess most folks will be wanting the new stock anyway.

Oh, and I'm having massive problems staying logged in on this site. I'm computer illiterate, so bear with me. It keeps logging me out and refuses to log me back in and refers to me as a guest. It only happens on this site. I'm guessing something about my security features and cookie storage is the problem, but I"m not sure. Once I post this message, it'll log me out. If I try to log back in....it won't let me unless I close all internet browsers, delete all cookies and then log back into the internet and come to this site first.....and then it only works for one post....then the cycle repeats.

So, needless to say, I won't be posting much until I get this figured out. Any advice is appreciate for where to start.

Thanks,
Sean

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you have the stock i'm thinking of, which is a tube skeleton folder, you can go to ace's rifle stocks homepage and order a cheek riser to attach to it for about bucks

http://riflestocks.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=69&products_id=328
For $9....that's worth a shot. I wonder if 1" will be too high though. Thanks for the heads up.

I did find a flaw with the XCR......

I pulled the bbl (in about 30 seconds) to send it off to be cut down and it looks so bad ass without the bbl that now I want to buy a second one and SBR it. :D

Now I have to figure out if I can sell off one of my ARs and make enough to actually afford a second one. ;)

Sean

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Congratulations on getting one of the finest weapons that I have ever been associated with. I hope that you will enjoy yours as much as I have mine...
Sinker

PS: I wish the heck that someone would make a glossery of all the abvreated terms that you guys use. I haven't the foggest what some of them mean.....course, I am a Vietnam Vet.....I know M-14, M-16 and M60, stuff like that....llol!
C

Thanks to VB....for suggesting that if you really want it....call the lovely ladies at RA and ask which stocking dealer might have what you're looking for.

I had an order in since early December and was told today that the wait would be a little longer. I ended up paying a little more, but I got it right down the street from my house!

In any case, my rifle has the folding stock....but it's really short. I remember someone mentioning an "entry" model folder that was 1" shorter than standard. How do I know if this is what I have on my rifle?

My stock is 7 3/4" from the crease where the stock folds to the end of top edge of the rubber butt pad.

The only problem I have with it is that the large aperature for my rear Troy flip up is HUGE, so much that it's not really useful. If I move the sight forward more, it won't lay flat when collapsed. The smaller aperature is okay....but even still it seems like I'm resting the stock against my chin rather than my cheek (aka, my AR sights are too tall to give me a good cheek weld).

I have a UBR that I'm planning to install once the adapter gets here (possibly....I really like the way the folder functions...it's just ugly IMO)...but the cheek weld thing may require that I go ahead and put a CTR cheek riser on the UBR (yes, I checked with Magpul and it will work....though not as well as the CTR they are designed for).

Any info regarding the "entry" model of folder or cheek weld information is appreciated.

Sean

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS! I hope that you are as pleased with your new XCR as I have been with mine. I also appreciate your pointing to Ace's website. I am going to invest in a tube stock riser, though I don't really have a problem with the stock, the riser may make it a little more comfortable. I don't think that it will improve my shooting much, I recently shot 240 rounds thru my 5.56X45 version and at 100 yards, I had three misses....OPEN SIGHTS! The XCR's HIGHLY ACCURATE! Good luck with yours. I'll be watching out for your reports.

SINKER

+
If you have the stock i'm thinking of, which is a tube skeleton folder, you can go to ace's rifle stocks homepage and order a cheek riser to attach to it for about bucks

http://riflestocks.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=69&products_id=328

1 - 17 of 17 Posts