XCR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made the trip down to SLC this past weekend and bought an XCR from Doug's! Thanks to all who recommended Gun shops etc... Those gun stores were incredibly busy, it was great to see :D

Pics will be posted once I get my BUIS!!

:2rifle: :rockon:

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Congrats, when are you going to shoot it?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Made the trip down to SLC this past weekend and bought an XCR from Doug's! Thanks to all who recommended Gun shops etc... Those gun stores were incredibly busy, it was great to see :D

Pics will be posted once I get my BUIS!!

:2rifle: :rockon:
That's what I should have done. Been waiting 3 months for mine. :( Congrats on your new rifle.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
POST SOME FRICKIN' PICS ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!

:mad: :) :D ;D >:D

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
awesome. get some pics up!

My strong recommendation is to dry fire it for a good while watching tv or something, lube it up, then use quality ammo for the break in without changing the gas off of 4. I don't want to hear another break in sob story ;D

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. Pics will probably be posted this weekend. All my accesories are 'en route'. I went with the new SHOT 09 YHM QDS BUIS.

Magik, forgive my naivety, but why dry fire it?

Regards

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
from the factory the trigger can be rough, so dryfiring it will help smooth out the trigger and make your rifle less likely to have any trigger reset issues once you get to the range.

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
congrats

·
Registered
568 Posts
Dry fire will (a) begin smoothing out the trigger (b) begin smoothing out the action (c) reinforce your B.A.S.S. Breath(ing) Aim(ing) Sight(ing) Squeez(ing). Good opportunity to build muscle memory on the operational controls too.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Whoa Nellie! I'm still waiting on my sights, rail covers, etc... I'll try to have the pics up this weekend. ONce I figure out how to install the MIAD grip. Good thing I have this forum! ;D

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Whoa Nellie! I'm still waiting on my sights, rail covers, etc... I'll try to have the pics up this weekend. ONce I figure out how to install the MIAD grip. Good thing I have this forum! ;D
You may want to buy a new screw for that. Do a search on the MIAD grip on the forum. Somewhere in the General Discussion area (I think) someone says how to do it.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I just got mine used today from my new friend Mike!!! Can't even begin to say how impressed I am with everything about it...things I'm sure all the guys who already have theirs know, but the bolt catch...seriously??? What a great freaking idea! My wife is calling for dinner and I've been playing, but seriously RA-awesome job. I'll post pics soon...

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
If you guys think it is fun looking at it, wait until you get to shoot it!!!!!!

By the way, what calibers are the rifles?

Col Maddog :2rifle:

·
Registered
503 Posts
I got the 5.56 and I'm in line for a conversion kit (I think?). Everything I'm reading is saying I should go to 6.8 SPC and start reloading. I made a friend at my new post that has "more 5.56 than he knows what to do with". He's a great guy to begin with and he brings that to the table? Yeah...I'll be picking up the beer.

To say how long I've been wanting this rifle-I started looking during about June of '07 while I was in Iraq. The team I was supporting had an absolute gun nut-contracted to provide support and he turned me on to it. I've wanted one ever since as everything about it made sense. Terra turned me on to the forum when I was getting close to ordering some time ago and I only kick myself for not getting it sooner! But I've got it now and I can't wait to get to the range!!!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Congratulations, I am glad that you are a part of the family, we need guys like you! Before purchasing my XCR I already had in my possesion 3 AR's and a Mini-14 all in 223/556. So I went for the 6.8 caliber when I ordered mine. I am not sorry that I did. You can definitely tell that it carries a punch when shooting. The down side is the cost of ammo but boy it is nothing compared to my Armalite AR-30 in 338 Lapua! Give us a range report when you shoot it so we can all share the joy.

Col Maddog :2rifle:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts