XCR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my XCR arrived today at my FFL. Went in there to pick up a S&W 22 that I purchased off Gunbroker, he said, "Look what came in right behind it!" Pulled out the box and there it was! Got to handle and finger it a bit! I owe some more and won't be able to pay it off until the middle to end of the month.

First impressions when handling; very well made, finish excellent. I got it with the fixed tube stock 12.5" LOP, 5.56 16" thin barrrel. May switch that stock for one with the 13.5LOP as mine is just a tad short. Will decide once I get it home and mess with it a bit. Hell, the way it looks, I may order another a bit later and put a Magpul or Robinson folder on it, I am that impressed! (But really, I knew what I was getting after reading everyones experience here!)

So, now I gotta order some sights, am getting a set of YHM and will get some spare parts as I do that with most all my rifles.

I am now a partial member of the XCR club, just got a bit of a wait to become a full member!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Welcome to the club. Just wait till you get to shoot your XCR, then you will REALLY like it. Be sure to break it in as per Robarms suggestion. If you have any questions just ask. The folks here are very friendly and helpful, especially Terra who is the patron saint of black rifle customer support.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Very nice. The XCR usually manages to impress out the box. The machine work and finish is always on point.

Skip on the YHM sights though. If your XCR is without sights, first choice should be Troy IMHO, then GG&G or MI. YHM sights are functional but come off as cheap and not really a good match for XCR DNA. It's always something that bugged me about my first XCR.

Load up on ammo and get ready for shooting bliss.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
+1 on Troy, they're a little pricey right out of the gate but they are solid. Period. I got the MI sights on mine and they are great, swapped for tritium inserts on the front post and rear aperture, and that's about the only plus they have over the Troy, but the Troy can still handle a tritium front sight post, or any other front sight post for that matter. I have a set of Troy's on my AR10 SASS.

Make sure and check your screws and that they stay tight and you'll be sound as a pound. Welcome to the 'family'!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Which caliber 223/5.56 or 6.8? Get some Militech1 for breakin and check the breakin/maintenance posts :2cents: Have a great time with a Great platform.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the replies guys. Yea, I do have the miltech, and will look at all the posts. I had considered the Troy sights, but went with the YHM, but now may look around for some Troys, you are all right...the quality of the rifle necessitates some GOOD quality sights. Where is the best place to pick some up? I know they run around $250 from Troy. My rifle is in 5.56, and am serious when I say I may order another one, especially with the looming political climate we are facing. Would probably get a 6.8 at that time.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
For Troy's, pricing is about the same for whoever is the distributor so ordering straight from them isn't a bad idea. If you're in good with a dealer they might be able to get a few bucks cheaper though.

Does Aussie carry them?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Congrats Cap'n! Its an outstanding platform. Launched my reentry into the collecting hobby with the X. Now I'm at it again with a vengeance. Falling off that wagon feels so good! Guess it was the fact that the offerings until recent years were just same ole same ole been there done that. Know what I mean.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Where is the best place to pick some up? I know they run around 0 from Troy.
Send Roy an e-mail and he will hook you up...

[email protected]

You can also opt to send him a PM via this forum.

I have his phone # too if you need it.

Roy has the BEST prices I've found anywhere... and ask him what the best deal is that he has. You may find Troy is your second choice when compared to some other options.

Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts