XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back the pieces I sent gr8santini to be DuraCoated. His work is fantastic and came out better then I could ever have imagined. I sent him a handguard, three rails, and four magazines. I wanted his trademark skull on the mags and he even DuraCoated the mags black first without me asking. He really goes the extra mile.

This is my 6.8 SPC rifle that I use for 3-Gun matches. Our local club shoots stages that range in distance from CQB to 400 yards. I find the 6.8 SPC very handy when it comes to knocking down 3/4" plates at 400 yards. The AimPoint Micro T-1 is great for anything under 50 yards and the ACOG for everything longer.

MadDog :D

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Thanks for the kind words. That does look really nice all put together. I'm glad to see that the "Magpul FDE Duracoat" really does match the Magpul MIAD color perfectly!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really wish LMT would get on board and get their tan SOPMOD Stock to match MagPul's FDE.

MadDog

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
I hope you guys are taking care of this guy. If it were me I would pay him at least 90% of the going rate if not 110%.

But then probably not, gun guys are the cheapest mofo's out there ;)

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
GR8, EXCELLENT work, how far are you from Alabama???

Mad Dog, nice lower... who makes it. My 6.8 lower is 5.56 marked, I would like the option of having a 6.8 designated lower for mine. ;D

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
GR8, EXCELLENT work, how far are you from Alabama???

Mad Dog, nice lower... who makes it. My 6.8 lower is 5.56 marked, I would like the option of having a 6.8 designated lower for mine. ;D
Thank you sir. I'm in Arkansas, just a state or two from Alabama.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
gunner69:

The lower is a DPMS and was blank on the right side when I got it. I just took it to a local laser engraver (he also does great NFA compliant mechanical engraving) and had him do the work. I went on Intel's web site and downloaded their Pentium logo (pentium inside). I gave it to the engraver and told him to substitute 6.8 for the word pentium. I had the lower back in one day and it cost me $15.

MadDog :D

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Nice looking rifle, and nice looking Duracoat work as well.

I had no idea there was a tan SOPMOD being made.

You have the shot * 3/4" plates at 400 yards * in a 3-gun match? Wow.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ny32182:
The plates are 3/4" thick not the diameter.

Magikbullet:
Yes I am a lefty.

MadDog ;D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts