XCR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Of course. He even said himself that he is not qualified to be president. He just isn't ready and doesn't understand what unintended consequences means. :duh:

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Amazingly, there are no education or experience qualifications required.

IMO, the Founding Fathers screwed up there; any bozo can be (and too often has been) president. All that's required is to get enough votes.
Maybe the opposite is true.Maybe the overeducated Harvard graduate thinks he knows it all and grows a "God complex" thinking they know what is best for the rest of us "common folks".How soon they forget they work for us,not we for them,I think all too often they forget that fact.Common sense and reasoning ability would be primary requirements,if I were making a list.I'm not saying a certain amount of knowledge and wisdom aren't required,but that should be tempered with justice,patriotism,and selflessness.That kind of character is not something your going to find in a scant few,if any modern politicians.I personally think these bigheaded bastards are why the federal government has grown to astronomical proportions.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Right now with 92251 responses. 18% A and 59% F. I voted F. All I have to do is look at my 401k. Or at this rate 104k. :(

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
It is funny because it is on a pretty liberal website.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey I apologize for posting this here, I meant to post it on the political forum. Sorry.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Now with 161610 responses here is how it looks.

He gets an A 19%

He gets a B 6.1%

He gets a C 4.9%

He gets a D 12%

He gets an F 59%

But hey, they don't care.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Less than 2k short of 200k votes. I can't say I'm sure how it is that 1/4 of those polled think he deserves an 'A'. I'm sure it goes without saying how I voted...

He gets an A 25%

He gets a B 6.8%

He gets a C 4.7%

He gets a D 11%

He gets an F 53%

·
Registered
327 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Well it's PMSNBC did you really think they were going to let their god look bad with an F. Or anything below and A+.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
The question itself is a fascinating one though: What qualities make a president great? Vision? Education? A sense of history By all of those, Bill Clinton should have been one of the great presidents, but historians stick him in the middle of the pack.

So what makes a president "great?"

tk

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Understanding his job description, and following it.

Which, I suppose, would mean understanding the job description of the other two branches of government, and not letting them get away with usurping authorities not given.

Yeah..... I think that's how I'd define it. A Constitutional leader, actively participating in the required checks-and-balances system.

The 'best' president would be one that - on his first day - dragged the head of every bureau into the oval office. "Please explain to me the Constitutionality of your organization within the next 15 minutes, or I'm afraid we'll have to disband it".

Foreign relations would be another matter entirely, although my personal tastes reflect those wise words from General Washington.

Hmmmm. Upon reflection, the ideal president sounds a lot like Ron Paul.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts