XCR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I found you when looking for info on RA and the XCR.
And you all are a wealth of info. I was interested in the XCR but now I'm sold.

I would like to know what kind of finish they come with, I live near the ocean
and the range is right across from the beach.

The XCR looks very robust and that is a must for me because I break
everything.

Thanks again for all the info.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
They are annozided/phosphated, depending on the part, to make the metal black. I have heard of instances where humid areas have caused some rusting (Florida would be a good example)... it's a problem easily prevented. Just keep your rifle spritzed with WD-40.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Welcome to the Forum V, glad you found us. As long as you keep the surface pretected you will be fine. I would recommend a good gun oil, I use Militec1. You will find lots of people that like it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Welcome V. I live in Florida and as was already stated just keep your rifle well oiled and no problems.

Actual the only place I ever had problems with guns rusting was in Arizona. Needed to oil my weapons every month or they would rust. Lived in a house that had a swamp cooler rather than AC, the cooler increased the humidity way to much.

·
Registered
448 Posts
They are annozided/phosphated, depending on the part, to make the metal black. I have heard of instances where humid areas have caused some rusting (Florida would be a good example)... it's a problem easily prevented. Just keep your rifle spritzed with WD-40.

Spritzed??!!??

You mean like this?

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
You have got a picture for everything... ;D

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You can always use the old fashioned way too......... a oily rag. >:D

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the input.
It is amazing in this day in age that there is a company out-there with
this kind of support system.

That's why I never shop at WalMart.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Welcome and thanks for the compliments V.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
When she is I will salute and quietly go about my buisness...Until then :redboxing:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts