XCR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my iPhone up and running and wanted to do an inaugural post with it. I'll be using it keep up on the forum antics when I'm away from my 'puter. Any other Mac fans out there?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Congrats. I wish the iPhone got smaller not bigger but I'm still envious. I have an iPod touch and would love it if the phone came in that size (thinner) ......maybe it will in a month or two with the tech trickle Apple is known for. I'll probably get one regardless of the size when my existing phone contract is up (Samsung Blackjack 3G).

Now to figure out how to conduct live video feeds with it from the range..... ::)

·
Registered
447 Posts
bastard! :eek:

I had some things to do in the morning yesterday and did not make it to the AT&T store until 11am. As I walked to the store my pace quickened automatically as it didn't look too crowded! Sweet! I walked right up to a clerk only to have her start shaking her head. :mad: Sold out! I could pay now and they call me when it was back in stock.... 7-10 days. ???

On to plan B. The Apple store at Tysons. I'd heard news reports early in the morning that 2-3 hundred people were in line. Maybe the line was cleared out and I could get one before a 12:30 meeting. As I cut through Bloomingdales I started to see the line. My first thought was "Gee I don't remember the Apple store being this close to the end of the mall". Yeah, it's not! I'd estimate 300 people in line, easy. Maybe more. :'(

:banghead:

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fin- I had the first iphone a year ago bit took it back after a couple of weeks to wait on gen2. This one is lighter and thinner so it's not too bad.

Va- you wouldn't believe how I got this thing. My friend got the last two 16gigs in a smaller town where he was working, 3 hrs from where we live. I bought it over the phone and he fed exed it to me in Austin TX where my wife and I are in a hotel for the weekend. I'm a 2.5 hr. flight from home.

·
Registered
356 Posts
My mistake I thought it was slightly thicker. Some of the downloadable applications look pretty sweet. I've been busy drooling.

Great story on the procurement of the little beast too.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Just checked inventory on Apple's site. Looks like they still have them in Tysons and at the Pentagon. So do I drive an hour tomorrow?

·
Registered
447 Posts

I drove the 40 minutes to tysons sunday... Line was crazy with no guarantee of getting one. I later learned it was four hours long.

Since I had come that far I zipped down to Pentagon City... Smaller but still huge line, and not enough inventory for that many people!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I found out today that the AT&T stores are only getting a few phones. My store got 20 units another got 40 but our local apple store got 1000. They just want u in the apple store so you'll buy more stuff.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I broke down this evening and dropped by the AT&T store to order one. 7-10 business days :mad:

But that is better than wasting time on mall trips and lines.

·
Registered
447 Posts
:party:

It came in late Friday.

I've been having a blast getting familiar with all the features and downloading apps. ;D

The wait was killing me even more than the 7.62x39 wait.

A buddy called me for a radar report on Saturday. Turns out they were out on the bay and didn't like the look of a few clouds, so he rang me up knowing I had the iPhone handy.

Overall my initial impression is :eek: this thing is cooler than I ever thought.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts