XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We need 20 of these to get these going. Group buy price is $100 shipped and anodized. These are going to be made by Lee Majors. I'll be the POC for these so let me know if you have questions. Timeline will be dependent on interest.

More pics on page 3
Just for reference. Current "adapter" (RA AR adapter with KNS rail) next to the LIF adapter.
Resized_20190316_144450.jpeg
Resized_20190316_144500.jpeg

Navalbeaver: 2 or 3 paid
Bender: 2 paid
Willy D: 1 paid
Dredd: 1
Sailor B: 1
Mickey C: 1 paid
Arguy: 1 paid
Nova: 1 paid
eodcolret: 1

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes please. Count me in for ONE!

~Will

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Interested if I can get these two questions answered:
1) How is the cheek weld height? I have Troy shorties and a Elcan 1-4x on mine.
2) Can the folding mechanism be locked/defeated (but not permanently)? or is there a non-folding version of the stock? I don't need the CADOJ be an unannounced guest.

This reminds me of the modified Ace stock Sean made. And just for musing, wouldn't be too difficult to 3D print a clip-on cheek rest.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interested if I can get these two questions answered:
1) How is the cheek weld height? I have Troy shorties and a Elcan 1-4x on mine.
2) Can the folding mechanism be locked/defeated (but not permanently)? or is there a non-folding version of the stock? I don't need the CADOJ be an unannounced guest.

This reminds me of the modified Ace stock Sean made. And just for musing, wouldn't be too difficult to 3D print a clip-on cheek rest.
With the 6 slots, you'll have some adjustment on stock height(ie install on the very top or the very bottom of the adapter, looks like most stocks take up 2-3 pic slots). Keeping in mind there's several options on which stock you install. I'll have to look at the adapters and see about the "non folding" for the folders. There are several inexpensive M4 tube mounts that will mount to the MCX interface, so it'd be a more adjustable version of RA's AR and M4 fixed mounts. Check out KAK and Thorsden.

https://www.kakindustry.com/mpx1/mpx-adapter
https://www.thordsencustoms.com/picatinny-buffer-tube-adapter/.html

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pics of my current KNS setup. There's only 4 slots so this adapter should give you some more options.
Resized_20190222_224349.jpeg Top mount Resized_20190222_224407.jpeg Bottom mount Resized_20190222_224436.jpeg

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
With the 6 slots, you'll have some adjustment on stock height(ie install on the very top or the very bottom of the adapter, looks like most stocks take up 2-3 pic slots). Keeping in mind there's several options on which stock you install. I'll have to look at the adapters and see about the "non folding" for the folders. There are several inexpensive M4 tube mounts that will mount to the MCX interface, so it'd be a more adjustable version of RA's AR and M4 fixed mounts. Check out KAK and Thorsden.

https://www.kakindustry.com/mpx1/mpx-adapter
https://www.thordsencustoms.com/picatinny-buffer-tube-adapter/.html
Thanks, Nate. I was thinking more along the lines of that Sig stock you posted since I can see using that and a finned grip to create a "featureless" XCR. BTW, when available and if you don't mind the business, I'm in for a Kel-tec KS7. Would love the Steyr A2 as well, but CADOJ make for bad house guests.

Last, it would be nice if there is a QD socket at the bottom of the adapter.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Did some reading. It appears that one could run a zip tie on the hinge pivot pin, which would keep it from lifting enough to fold. So, this brings me to my next question, length of full with adapter is OK? I'm 5'8".

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like the way the wire fits/ feels. I'm 5'7". That version is harder to come by unless you can find a used one. I'm not sure if the latest version has a different length of pull. They look similar but it's straight across the top. I can get a lop measurement in the morning

·
Registered
986 Posts
Please add me to the list. I am trying to reduce the weight on my XCR-L SBR. I am also looking at cutting down my pencil 5.56 16" barrel to 11.5". Anything to make it lighter and agile...

Thank you,

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
I’m up for one

1 - 20 of 63 Posts