XCR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took it out again today , I could spend more time with this time. Guys i hammered this rifle.
300 rounds this time ,Mixing different makes ,even in the Mags. SP,HP, CCI,Yellow Jacket and even the cheap Remington stuff,Nothing.
Rapid fire ,target fire ,Mag right after Mag ,No FTF ,FTE,MF , I was even holding onto the mag ,and this makes 850 rounds total and i haven't cleaned it at all ,and not one problem.
107 deg. the gun was so hot from firing and being in the sun , you couldn't even hold it except by the hand guards.
It has remained accurate ,and is a can popper at 60 yards all the time ,I have tried to make it screw up and it hasn't not one time.
The finish is holding up great ,even bouncing around in a Jeep.
When i got it i considered getting a dot sight for it ,but now i don't see the point the open sights work great.
What else can you say , it may look like an MP5 ,and people judged it on that alone calling it a toy ,or an air soft 22.
But i do think it has a personality of its own , and it is one great 22 semi auto rifle.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Thanks for the report, I will be getting one when I get home to SBR and throw a can on. It looks like a fun little gun to throw in the safe.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I took it out again today , I could spend more time with this time. Guys i hammered this rifle.
300 rounds this time ,Mixing different makes ,even in the Mags. SP,HP, CCI,Yellow Jacket and even the cheap Remington stuff,Nothing.
Rapid fire ,target fire ,Mag right after Mag ,No FTF ,FTE,MF , I was even holding onto the mag ,and this makes 850 rounds total and i haven't cleaned it at all ,and not one problem.
107 deg. the gun was so hot from firing and being in the sun , you couldn't even hold it except by the hand guards.
It has remained accurate ,and is a can popper at 60 yards all the time ,I have tried to make it screw up and it hasn't not one time.
The finish is holding up great ,even bouncing around in a Jeep.
When i got it i considered getting a dot sight for it ,but now i don't see the point the open sights work great.
What else can you say , it may look like an MP5 ,and people judged it on that alone calling it a toy ,or an air soft 22.
But i do think it has a personality of its own , and it is one great 22 semi auto rifle.
reliability and rimfire are seldom bed partners. Good to hear you had fun...

·
Registered
874 Posts
This is one Toy I can never possess in my Country as it is prohibited. :'( See we canadians don't get every good gun. :mad:

·
Registered
312 Posts
You got some cool guns there. I ordered a GSG-5 over a month ago, but they're so backlogged I'm told it may be a few more weeks. Kinda sounds familiar?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Part of the problem is GSG exported a lot of them over here first. Then it was added to the list of guns the Germans could own.
They are buying them up as fast as they can make them. Silly because if they just hang on they can buy them back when our country bans them.

·
Registered
312 Posts
You think .22's would get banned? Guess I need to work on my archery skills. I still got an old sling-shot somewhere, then there's just good ole unarmed combat. Haven't been in a fist fight since, well...
Like they say in almost every movie "I'm gettin too old for this $#!+"

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to picking up my GSG. I got a .22 silencer and nothing to put it on...yet. May get a Walther P22 too.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I got a .22 silencer and nothing to put it on, yet. May get a Walther P22 too.
Consider getting yourself a SIG Mosquito. I have two P22's and they are GREAT - but for the AAC Pilot Aussie sold me, the Mosquito is by far the best host weapon. Cycles reliably with sub-sonic ammo and the can balances it out very nicely.

Hell, get 'em both and have double the fun!

I will say that the only problems I've had were with the P22 and bullet tumble. We suspect it HAD to be the threaded barrel adapter - but who can say for sure? With the Mosquito - NO PROBLEMS and it is very accurate with or without the can.

Good luck!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Thanks. Always good to have feedback from people that actually own these. I like the Sig. I'll see if I can find a range that rents both and give them a shakedown. This can is a Gemtech, but I just bought it on a whim.

EDIT: I got to shoot my buddies' Sig Mosquito w/ Gemtech can on it. I LOVE IT. So I looked around and I found a tactical model for $300. It comes with a threaded bbl but it the wrong thread cut and they have an adaptor for 1/2x28.

·
Registered
312 Posts
OOOOKay. After two months on a prepaid order for a GSG-5, I finally heard back that Now they wont be getting them in. Don't know what happened, but the guy I ordered one from is no longer doing business with the importer. ???

Anyone know where I can get a GSG-5 from?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Contact Roy at Aussie Arms via this forum and see what he can find for you.

There's always GunBroker - if you don't mind paying top dollar @ $500+

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I'm sure to be stating the obvious - and for which you no doubt have already considered/acted upon...

Hell, go down there (presuming they are local and you can walk in) - and politely ask for your immediate refund. If you paid by check and they've cashed it - get a copy of the cancelled check. No one can deny your refund for a failed deal like that.

Ain't no reason for anyone to hold your loot unless they are paying you interest!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts