XCR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got a chance on Friday to take my newest toy out to the range. I fired over 300 rounds of Blazer and Winchester Super X without a malfunction of any kind. Once I got my red dot zeroed in, she was very accurate with good groups at 50 yards using bench rest and off hand. This is definitely a fun and cheap gun to shoot. She handles well but the gun seems a little nose-heavy due to the light standard butt stock. I replaced mine with a heavier collapsible stock and the balance is much better. I have also heard of folks attaching a real HK MP-5 stock but this requires a little Dremel work. The standard iron sights are ok but not a good as real HK sights. I strongly suggest using a red dot or reflex sight for greater accuracy unless you want to replace the rear sight with a real HK type. If you are looking for a nice, cool-looking plinker, I do not think you can go wrong with the GSG-5. Btw, the small group on the left was before I sighted in.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I keep reading report after report of how well these thing run. I was going to get one but decided I would build a dedicated AR with a spikes 22 upper. Now I am not sure again. They both look like lots of fun.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I plan on getting me one of these soon unless the surprise caliber conversion kit is 22LR

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Nice shooting!

Sounds like a good purchase.

tk

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
I'm thinking about one of these for my kids to play with. Have you got any targets of pure bench rest fire?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry MickeyC thats all I have right now. Most of the shots were from the bench on that target. I was using mainly cheap Blazer but switched to Winchester super X once I got sighted in. I may go to the range again this week if I can find time and do a pure bench test.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts