XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with all the new buzz about the AWB, which seems to know be engraved in stone, I hope the factory can crank out faster....or we are never going to own one.

·
Registered
325 Posts
i'm still waiting for mine :-[ no one really knows when the ban is going to happen, but it WILL happen, all the wrong people are in all the right places for this to happen.........

·
Registered
153 Posts
Re: Guess the factory is going overtime, or everyone is never getting their rifl

I don't think this is going to happen overnight, but it going to happen sooner rather than later. I think that the people at Robinson are well aware of the situation. If you already have your order in I would not worry, I sure they will take care of you.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Re: Guess the factory is going overtime, or everyone is never getting their rifl

I read the article, it does not give a specific time frame for reinstating the AW ban. It probably going to happen very soon, but there is not telling how long bureaucracy is going to hold this up. I would not be surprised if the Dems try to push through a more restrictive version that closes many of the previous ban's loopholes.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, look at it this way....the whole "let's ban the interstate movement of monkeys" took about a week. And that didn't even MATTER TO ANYONE.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Yarbsea

The chimpanzee point was overblown, it merely added chimps to the pre-existing bills and list of animals that can't be moved interstate unless for zoological or scientific purposes.

As for the putative AWB, Holder just got his head handed to him by of all folks Pelosi as well as loudly quiet lack of support from the White House.

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news...n-reviving-assault-weapon-ban-2009-02-26.html

By Mike Soraghan
Posted: 02/26/09 11:59 AM [ET]
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi tossed cold water on the prospect of reinstating the assault weapons ban, highlighting Democrats’ reluctance to take on gun issues.

Attorney General Eric Holder raised the prospect Wednesday that the administration would push to bring back the ban. But Pelosi (D-Calif.) indicated on Thursday that he never talked to her. The Speaker gave a flat “no” when asked if she had talked to administration officials about the ban.

“On that score, I think we need to enforce the laws we have right now,” Pelosi said at her weekly news conference. “I think it's clear the Bush administration didn’t do that.”

Outside of the dig at the recent Republican president, that phrase is the stock line of those who don’t want to pass new gun control laws, such as the National Rifle Association.

The White House declined to comment on Holder's remarks, referring reporters to the Department of Justice. The DoJ did not respond to The Hill's request for comment.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Nancy Pelosi gets a high five :D

·
Registered
1,115 Posts

In '94 the Dems lost a 25 year majority in the House AND Congress. They just barely got that back. They know they will all be out of a job if they push another one through. We also have Heller which states "any firearm under common usage is protected under 2A". If they pass it we can get it thrown out under our 2A rights. Stay active and alert, but don't freak out.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'd pay $3000 MAX :) having hard time finding one!!! Prices are hovering right around 3500-4000 now...with a couple crazy crooks still asking $5000 for it...lol

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yeah that's nuts, you could buy 4 tricked out XCR rifles for that much.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Crazy winchester boy wants ,000. He is ABSOLUTLY, POSITIVELY OUT OF HIS MIND.
He is probably asking that much with out the intention to sell it but if it does sell for that he could easily by another for 4k and then a couple other rifles as well. He is not crazy, he's smart. ;D

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Crazy winchester boy wants ,000. He is ABSOLUTLY, POSITIVELY OUT OF HIS MIND.
He is probably asking that much with out the intention to sell it but if it does sell for that he could easily by another for 4k and then a couple other rifles as well. He is not crazy, he's smart. ;D

Well, he is crazy, but it has nothing to do with his prices. I watched him set his dog on a kid, run him out of the store, and then call the cops on him because he tried to hand him a pistol to ask how much it was worth, oh yeah, and because the kid was black.

·
Registered
153 Posts

I'm just hoping that RA releases the XCR-M before its too late.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts

We are shipping a shit-ton. Been building like crazy.. stocks, lowers, assembling and shooting rifles... They're a-comin'. 8)

·
Registered
142 Posts
A shit-ton is good, I just hope mine is in that shit ton.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts