XCR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So......

I decide I want a COLT 6933 to compliment my SBR XCR. I think I can have a before and after type thing going on.

Conversation with Local Class 3 dealer:

Me: So I am sure you guys don't stock this, but I am looking for a SBR 6933, that is a SBR COLT 11.5 inch barrel. I am familiar with the NFA process and would like to purchase one.

Him: Hold on Sir

wait, wait, wait

Owner: Hi, we have 6920s in stock, you can buy one and then SBR it if you like, it will take 6 months to get the paperwork back

Me: (Getting agitated) I am sorry, your clerk must not have heard me, I am looking to get a factory SBR

Prepare for launch

Owner: Yea...... Don't know if you are aware there is a GUN BAN (RUN. ITS THE GUN BAN!) coming and they are probably going to confiscate all those guns because they are registered, the government will know you have it.

Me: I did not know that, that is a shame because I hate to lose the four I already have. Thank you for your time.

Here is my issue. There is nothing scary about the NFA process. You have to follow the law if you want to get involved in it. I have found the people at BATFE to be helpful when I call.

People like the above make people shy away from it so they can get a quick sale. I could have argued with this guy but I will just take my business elsewhere. It just annoyed the hell out of me.

Rant off

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
you forgot to call him a jackass and drop a poop on the doorway as you left... how is he ever gonna get the message?

:hopmad: ;)

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I was training with some feds who specialized in stopping narcotics flow by people who preferred border incursions. They were running that Colt. VERY good quality. IMO, the concussion was bigger when standing next to them, but the reliability seemed 100%.

The only malfs I noticed were the same ones everyone else was having (i.e. dayglow orange dummy rounds mixed in the mags or 'operator error').

·
Registered
712 Posts
I think it must be a gun store owner/employee thing.

Unless they know you they are all fuckin experts on everything guns. They
normally talk down to customers and think they know more then you even something in
your case they don't.

You did the right thing....go elsewhere.

magicbullet that avatar matches your comments perfectly... reminds me of when Michael Douglas goes into the burger joint to get breakfast and gets shitty service.... too funny. :laughposter:

·
Registered
712 Posts
Roy

That's the good thing about buying from internet dealers.

It usually comes down to Price , Availability and fast shipping.

And then I buy from who I like... If I had a local dealer that provided good service I would pay a little more. But shitty service and high prices... No Thanks

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
That's the only down side of the NFA regulations, you have to buy In-State.

I had some fun yesterday with two of my customers who are waiting for the paper work for their cans. I arranged to take their new cans out for them to shoot, we all had a "Blast". :jumpingonfire:

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
That's the only down side of the NFA regulations, you have to buy In-State.
I guess that is one good thing about living in GA, lots of Can Manufacturers down here. I can't afford the MG on what the army pays me so Cans are the next best thing.

I agree on the service. I love to help out local buisness and try to buy from them whenever possible. The killer is when their prices are so high (like on powder and primers) that I can order online, pay Hazmat and still save $20 and get good service. I can remember when I was 10 going to the gun shop with my dad every other day and being treated like family (I was like a kid in a candy store, or maybe I WAS a kid in a candy store).

I have found a few places that cater to the customer and don't just assume that you are buying you first gun because you think Jack Bauer is cool but they are far and few between. If you find someone you like, stick with them. I still buy all my Ducati parts from the dealer in SLC because of the customer service and I was only there on vacation when I bought my bike.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Hey, a Ducati was my very first bike 45 years ago! Also my second bike. Then I had to give it up when I went to USAFA. But less than 6 months after graduation, I was back into bikes. I'm currently riding a Suzuki but there's some nice new Ducati's coming out.

Guns, bikes, cameras - too many expensive hobbies!

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Way too many hobbies...My Duc was my first bike and I want another one.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I love my local gun store... if only they were a class III dealer as well, I would be in heaven.

I once called the only C-III dealer within an hour of me, ready to buy an AAC M42k. "We don't deal with AAC. Period".

Ok. :pissedoff:.

Other priorities took over, but I guess when I finally do get ready to buy one, I'll have to drive 3 hours to the beach to find a dealer that will sell one to me.

Reading other people's experiences, I always count myself lucky to have the local FFL that I do.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Nice bikes Kainam, I've got a Night Train also - that's where the solftail comes from. Thats my scoot-around town bike. When I do long-distance riding, I use my Classic. I love the black Thunderheader, thinking about putting them on mine. I've owen two sets before, good power & sound!

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Completely off topic, but my buddy has a Night Train and I love riding it. Lowered, black everything, it is a nice bike. I keep telling him if he he doesn't make it home from Iraq the next time we go I am taking that and every cool gun he has.

On Gun Stores, When I was out in Arizona for a military school I went to Scottsdale Gun club a few times (next door to the Ducati dealer) and ended up buying a Nighthawk Custom Talon II from them. Although I wasn't rolling in the money like some of their cliental they treated my kindly and like they didn't know more than them. They offered advice when I asked for it and otherwise showed me everything I wanted to see. They even gave me a nice military discount and cost on mags I bought when I got the gun. It may have helped that I was looking at the $3k pistols and not the $400 RIA 1911s but I am not sure. They may be a little pricy on some stuff but they were competative on what I wanted and is one of a very few dealers nationwide that usually has one of everything from a Custom 1911 shop.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts