XCR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guns & Ammo 2009 Buyer's Guide ... no XCR?!?

I was at the book store the other day and saw a copy of Guns & Ammo with a 2009 Buyer's Guide. I leafed through looking for our favorite rifle and found ... nothing! The semi-auto centerfire rifle section jumps from Remington to Rock River. I then scanned carefully through the entire section in case they had alphabetized it incorrectly, but it was nowhere to be found.

What gives????

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Re: Guns & Ammo 2009 Buyer's Guide ... no XCR?!?

What gives, is that there is a biased bunch of a$$holes who can publish a high dollar magazine with no understanding of what quality really is.

·
Registered
65 Posts

I don't need anybody else making me wait longer for my gun so I fine with them not putting it in

·
Registered
1,115 Posts

There is a lot of stuff G&A leaves out in those buyers guides. Usually because the company left out didn't give G&A lots of $$$$$ for advertising and such. Also they typically to with companies that are more "established" in the market. Oh well, who gives a crap? I don't need some gun rag telling me something that I already know. The Internet is already the best buyers guide out there anyways.

·
Registered
354 Posts

Yeah I was Disappointed when I read that buyers guide.

Then I immediately thought "Gee, that's actually a good thing, I don't have to wait behind a jagillion other people for mine!".

Would be nice for Robinson Armament to get some more public awareness though.

Needless to say, I'll tote my rifle to the rifle range and SHOW it to people, which is what most people want anyway, to see it, feel it, use it.

·
Registered
530 Posts

G&A did a AR-15 magazine a while back. Lot of good information.

However, despite the fact they were covering unusual variations, they did not have an XCR in it.
If an XCR is not the most significant new take on an AR, then I am the next pope.

I think you are write (pun intended) you need to cross their palsm so they put your gun in the issues.

I never did get a reply from them. Snooty.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts

G&A did a AR-15 magazine a while back. Lot of good information.

However, despite the fact they were covering unusual variations, they did not have an XCR in it.
If an XCR is not the most significant new take on an AR, then I am the next pope.

I think you are write (pun intended) you need to cross their palsm so they put your gun in the issues.

I never did get a reply from them. Snooty.
See that is a common mistake that many people make. The XCR is NOT a variant of an AR. The bolts are nothing alike. In fact the bolt of the XCR is more similar to the AK. Second the bolt catch/release is completely different. The internal operations are completely different. The ejector is solid and not spring like the AR.

The charging handle is FAL like. It does however, have a forward assist capability.

The grip is the same as the AR, and they take the same magazines.

The triggers and the parts are not compatible.

That is about it. They are nothing alike in my mind. Other than the caliber and stock color, they are nothing alike.

RC20 - try not to get caught up in the confusion caused by ARFcom losers.

I'm not trying to rag on you or insult you, but I just don't want people getting cinfused and think the XCR is like the AR in any way.

The XCR is unique. It is simply the best rifle out there. History will prove this to be the case.

·
Registered
150 Posts

I used to manufacture what were considered by many to be the finest examples of products in my niche market, but I was never listed in the annual buyer's guide because I wouldn't purchase advertising in their monthly magazine.

I'm sure Guns & Ammo runs the same scam.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts

Most of those buyers guides are the same across the board, you don't pay you don't get in.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts

Kinda like those "Who's Who in <insert your profession here>" rags that are published. You pay several hundred $$ for someone to publish you name/bio in some rag that only other self-promoting people read.

I wish G&A (or someone with the time/resources) would publish a comprehensive summary of ALL modern firearms, but alas, it seems it will never happen...

·
Registered
1,038 Posts

I forgot all about that site - :duh:

I even had it bookmarked!

Thanks for the reminder!

·
Registered
3,296 Posts

I have often wondered about this myself, because I've seen it time and again over the years. They certainly don't disclose that it's pay-to-play. Thry certainly know about the XCR because they had a lengthy review of it last year.

Kinda destroys the whole "journalistic credibility" thing....

tk

·
Registered
1,038 Posts

What?!? You mean there is no realistic review of anything? :duh:

Does this mean those "Hair Club for Men" ads are bogus too - with paid doctors and clients? :mad:

I wonder why Consumer Reports never sought to broaden their domain with some good old fashioned firearms reviews... ???

1 - 15 of 15 Posts