XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guns & Weapons for Law Enforcement Magazine - XCR on the cover!!! Jan. 2009

Anyone else see this article yet? I just picked up the magazine today. Outstanding review of the XCR as a multicaliber police weapon.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Guns & Weapons for Law Enforcement Magazine - XCR on the cover!!! Jan. 2009

Here is a pic of the cover.

·
Registered
356 Posts

That's some nice glass on it too. I was thinking of putting that on mine but wasn't sure how big it would look. Sure, it's overkill, but it seems to fit pretty nice.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts

Thanks for the heads up. I will pick it up tomorrow

·
Registered
5,177 Posts

You guys can thank prizm for the beautiful picture. :)

·
Registered
1,113 Posts

That's some nice glass on it too. I was thinking of putting that on mine but wasn't sure how big it would look. Sure, it's overkill, but it seems to fit pretty nice.
What is it on there? I dont recognize it and can't make it out.

·
Registered
356 Posts

It's a Trijicon TA648 ACOG. And by overkill I mean power (6x) and price ($1,600).

http://www.trijicon-inc.com/User/parts/products1.cfm?PartID=620&back_row=6&categoryID=3

·
Registered
2,142 Posts

It's a Trijicon TA648 ACOG. And by overkill I mean power (6x) and price (=0000022929,600).

http://www.trijicon-inc.com/User/parts/products1.cfm?PartID=620&back_row=6&categoryID=3
Designed for machineguns, but it sure looks cool on carbines!

·
Registered
194 Posts

Do they charge $1,600 for the intricate work involved and just trying to get a return on the time and money invested or is because they can?

·
Registered
2,142 Posts

Do they charge =0000022936,600 for the intricate work involved and just trying to get a return on the time and money invested or is because they can?
I don't think they're cheap to make. Those things are built like tanks.

·
Registered
923 Posts

I just went to Wal-Mart to pick up the magazine and they did not have it but I did see Tactical Weapons and they have a Gun Test on the Robinson Arms XCR-L there is a small review on it but it is not very in depth

·
Registered
356 Posts

Do they charge =0000022937,600 for the intricate work involved and just trying to get a return on the time and money invested or is because they can?
I don't think they're cheap to make. Those things are built like tanks.
They are amazing. I have a TA55 on my HK SL8-1 and I couldn't be happier. Though it'll probably give me an eye tumor some day, the battery-free illumination via the tritium (strip of radioactive crap) is awesome. The construction is solid and the glass is crystal clear. I have some Schmidt & Benders and Swarovskis on my bolt-actions and the glass in the Trijicon actually looks clearer than them. Possibly because it's a fixed focal length of 5.5X (the others are variable zooms). :2cents:

Back to the article......I haven't read it yet but hopefully the postman will be delivering my copy any day now. I'm surprised we didn't hear about it before it hit the stands. Do I assume correctly that RA knew about it?

·
Registered
874 Posts

I tried to buy the Trijicon TA648 ACOG in 308 calibration one up here in Canada but I can't cause the US state department has banned the export of them for civilian users. :mad:

·
Registered
6,531 Posts

Shame you can't just drive south of the border and pick one up and accedentally drive home with it.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts

some of the shit they ban from you guys just doesn't make any sense. Are they worried you are going to bludgeon someone with it? It's a damn scope. :duh:

·
Registered
874 Posts

The only models of ACOG I can get are the base TA11 and TA01 really lame and even those are difficult to get. But the one good thing about Canada is I can get Elcan scopes (4 month wait though) something Americans can't for the time being thanks to huge military orders from the Canadian and American special forces units.

·
Registered
312 Posts

I believe the $1600 is the retail price tag. LE and Gov get a pretty good break, especially if they buy in volume. Trijicon is real good stuff. I've had a ACOG Reflex for 10 years now and I can still see the dot, but it is a lot dimmer than it used to be. Where can I buy some tritium? hahaha

What is that on the muzzle? just a thread protector?

·
Registered
356 Posts

I believe the 00 is the retail price tag. LE and Gov get a pretty good break, especially if they buy in volume. Trijicon is real good stuff. I've had a ACOG Reflex for 10 years now and I can still see the dot, but it is a lot dimmer than it used to be. Where can I buy some tritium? hahaha

What is that on the muzzle? just a thread protector?
I think the half life on tritium is like 12 years. So dimming at 10 yrs can be expected I guess. Wonder if Trijicon would replace the tritium for you.

That is a muzzle brake. I believe it's the one RA offers/installs since in some states (like mine) flash hiders are a no no. I would prefer a flash hider for cosmetic purposes but the RA brake isn't too bad. Plus it'll control recoil albeit at the expense of ear drums to the left and right of me. ;D

·
Registered
312 Posts

Thanks, I couldn't really make out if those are slots or just grooves for a wrench. Plus it kinda looks like the muzzle sticking out the center of it. Back in the BAN days, there were A2 look-alikes that qualifies as muzzle breaks. What ever happened to them?

Anyway, heading out now to find that issue.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts