XCR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Veterans day to all those that have served or are serving. I want to especially say thanks to those of you who are Vietnam vets, you got no thanks and fought a war that was more unpopular that what we are doing now. I thank all of you.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
ditto. America is what it is because of our foundation - the soldiers who fought the wars. Thank you for preserving our way of life, even though it is, for the most part, a thankless job. We are proud of you. :)

·
Registered
636 Posts
All I want to say is.

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks:
THANK YOU to ALL VETERAN'S for your service to OUR GREAT NATION.

I DO enjoy the :freedom: that you are currently and have provided.

Again THANK YOU!!!

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
You guys seem to treat veterans better than most other countries. Good on you for it.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, appearently we haven't always been that way. Nowadays if I go off post for lunch at any of the local restaurants I have better than a 50% chance of having somebody pic up the tab without knowing who it is.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
That would be me! I buy our boys/girls lunch whenever I can. Unless there's like, 20 of them. Then they get to take care of their own tabs. hehe.

Back when I was a waitress, we used to close up Sunday mornings and let the local National Guard come in for a couple hours. We fed them all half price :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts