XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,528 Posts
Go to Command Arms and buy their stock, they have an adjustable cheek riser for it that works well.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Ah calls for an Obama rig........ get some air conditioner (outside) line wrap and go to town!

·
Registered
6,528 Posts
DS Arms cheek riser.

·
Registered
356 Posts
This one was on CAA's site for an FAL. Do you think it will fit the XCR? Or will the pad on the XCR's stock interfere?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Hey you have an elcan on that puppy.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
it looks like the DSA and CAA risers are the same and about $10 diff in price, the ACE one at only $9.00 looks better but a bit shorter. I would imagine they all are pretty flat against the receiver when folded. I think the ACE stocks are very similar to the RobArm ones.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
a quick reply email from Tim at ACE [email protected] :"The cheek rest should work on the Robinson Arms XCR-L. It adds 1' to the comb height for use with high mounted sights.Thanks Tim" Looks like I will be ordering this one from them too, thanks faawrenchbndr

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
xcrfin that is a good question i don't know if you have to cut the foam pad off or not, it may be just a snug fit for the riser.

·
Registered
356 Posts
xcrfin that is a good question i don't know if you have to cut the foam pad off or not, it may be just a snug fit for the riser.
I took a good look at the XCR tube stock I have and it looked really tight between the tubes. If anything I'd dremmel the CAA cheek riser since that's the cheaper part.

If you thinned out the piece that goes between the tubes (the adjustable piece) I'm sure it would work well.

·
Registered
58 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Sorry, I don't have pics, but I bought that dense black tubular insulation that any home depot or hardware store sells to insulate copper pipe. They make 3 or 4 different diameters for different size pipes. Cost is about a dollar for a 3 foot piece. I bought the smallest, the middle size, and the largest. I cut it for length and experimented by stacking the sizes on the stock till I reached the PERFECT height for my scope. I then wrapped it neatly with cloth cammo bow tape. It cost 3 bucks for a roll. It looks good, puts my eye at the right level, seems pretty weather resistant and is VERY comfortable. All for under $10.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts