XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there has been a torture test done with the XCR sort of like this:

·
Registered
24 Posts
OMG...thats the funniest thing I ever seen. I would think the HK marketing people would use spell check though.

This is not a torture test....this is a commercial for HK so they make you feel better about selling you a piston upper for $5000.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
A piston upper who's piston seizes. There are a lot of the older uppers seizing up right now. I think there was a thread about it in GD.

As far as torture testing, Robinson has an XCR that has gone through 300,000+ rounds without any kind of major problem. Remember kids, every gun is going to have some sort of an issue eventually, but Robinson has built one Hell of a weapon system.

That's right, a SYSTEM. Not just a rifle like the HK. You can't change barrels or calibers on the HK. You want a different barrel length? Well tough luck sport! You just get the one.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And now, it's time to dance...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Notice the subtle yet critical differences between the HK and Colt water test?

First, the HK is out of the water for nearly 3 seconds and angled downward / handled (slightly shaken) for water run-off.

The Colt is out for less than 1 second, angled upward and held as if to "hold" water - dramatically increasing water retention.

I am not saying these observations are dispositive of one being superior over the other – just saying. ::)

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
INFIDELS! DO NOT QUESTION THE HK MARKETING GODS. YOU SUCK AND THEY HATE YOU!

Just ask Cartman!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
INFIDELS! DO NOT QUESTION THE HK MARKETING GODS. YOU SUCK AND THEY HATE YOU!

Just ask Cartman!
When my dad was still an LEO he had a friend who was the armorer for their department. He had his own "personal" MP5. It was the department's but it was issued to him as he was SWAT/ERT certified, and he had customized it to fit him better. He ground down an extra stop on the collapsing stock half way between closed and fully open to fit him when he was wearing body armor.

Well a few year goes by and it's time to go back east for an armorer's course. They had actual HK Krauts teaching the course. When they saw his MP5 they asked:

"Vy has your veapon been modified in thees fashion?"

He told them it was to fit him better when he was using body armor. It's a simple fix and every MP5 should have it standard.

The Krauts got PISSED!

"Nine! You must NEVER thees!"

He told them it had no ill effect. His had been this way for many years and its a great way to adjust the weapon to fit the shooter better.

"Nine! Nine! Our veapon is perfecht! YOU must adjust!"

Damn Krauts are snobs when it comes to their weapons.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Ok I'm part German so no one give me crap over this next statement.The damn Germans overengineer everything,why the hell would you serial number a f ;D ;D king screw? Anyway the point is they think the junk they make is flawless,therefore it's contempable if you mess with their perfection.Got news for ya Hans,one size don't fit all!!!!

·
Registered
532 Posts
I'm pretty sure the XCR will do just fine in that test. Maybe Alex can comment on the XCR's ability to ingest water.

The KaBoom of the M4 was pretty cool.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
After spending over a year in Germany and shooting their military's qual course, the best way I found to piss off a German is when he tells you to do something, just look him in the eye and say, "No". This is a foreign concept in their society and it's hilarious to watch them try and comprehend what you mean by "No". Don't get me wrong, I had a great time with them and their KSK guys are a blast to hang out with. Then again I don't understand ow the Army and Marine Corps run the way they do either.

As far as "torture testing" the XCR, while on a training trip in Nevada me and two other guys continuously ran over a thousand rounds of 62gr Green Tip through it as quick as we could, and other than a few hiccups, (light striking, and the trigger hanging up) it ran fine. The beauty of the left side charging handle allowed you to clear the light strike and continue firing without ever coming off target.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I was actually talking to Terra about performing and over-the-beach/maritime test a couple of shoots back.

If water fills the AR15 gas tube you got troubles. The pressure will destory the gun. The HK416 doesnt feature a gas tube, so its a no brainer. Water sticking to the piston rod is not a danger to operation

The XCR features a gas tube, but it has large drain holes, so it should pass a maritime test with flying colors.

It is an important test though, especially if a company has military aspirations

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
I can't recall if the XCR made it that far in the SCAR trials, but that is one of the tests. My buddy Adam was tasked to perform that part on the current SCAR.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I can't recall if the XCR made it that far in the SCAR trials, but that is one of the tests. My buddy Adam was tasked to perform that part on the current SCAR.
XCR unfortunately didn't make it anywhere in the trials for BS reasons. It deserved better than it got.
yea, wouldn't have mattered if the XCR did get into the trials, they woulda got the boot anyways due to the small size of the company and the much higher quality level of the weapon. Because heaven forbid we buy our guys the best gun, we'll just give them the cheap guns from the big producer that the gov officials have stakes in

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
XCR unfortunately didn't make it anywhere in the trials for BS reasons. It deserved better than it got.
yea, wouldn't have mattered if the XCR did get into the trials, they woulda got the boot anyways due to the small size of the company and the much higher quality level of the weapon. Because heaven forbid we buy our guys the best gun, we'll just give them the cheap guns from the big producer that the gov officials have stakes in
That's not entirely accurate. The licensing and production rights could have been carried over to a bigger, or a number of bigger firms. Like in WWI and WWII, our guns were made by many different firms like Springfield, Winchester, Remington, Savage, etc. The same thing could have easily been done if the XCR had been picked. The XCR would have been cheaper than the SCAR as well. The SCAR is not worth what they are asking. It is made from extruded aluminum and polymer moldings, both of which are time saving and cost reducing measures to be able to meet production demands and have an affordable product. FN know that the US Mil is hanging off their nuts and want their product, so they can pretty much charge whatever they want and say "here, take it or leave it."

1 - 20 of 20 Posts