XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed an order over a week ago with them and have not received any communication back other than the automated order confirmation. I called yesterday and left a v/m first thing in the AM and sent 3 emails so far w/o a response back. I am starting to think I will have to do a "Chargeback" on my credit card for them. :mad:

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Botach is a crap shoot.

If they've got what you ordered in stock, you get it QUICK and at a decent price.

If you need to talk to anyone there, best of luck! Every 10 times or so you call, you'll get someone. They're unhelpful.

They'll keep your dough until they get it in stock, or until they decide to send your money back, which ever comes first.

They'll scrap your order after half a year.

FWIW, I hate botach. They don't get orders from me very often at all. If you call and ask if something is in stock or not when you place your order - you can get lied to. Voice of experience here.......

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Yeah! I used to do some business with them. Pretty bumpy road! Sometimes they would do OK and other times it is like they are waiting until they get their "order amount" before they get in and ship out my/your order. I have also had shipments that were damaged and finally I had it out with them and haven't been back. They claim to have great customer service but I didn't think so. Deal with them at your own risk....
SINKER

I placed an order over a week ago with them and have not received any communication back other than the automated order confirmation. I called yesterday and left a v/m first thing in the AM and sent 3 emails so far w/o a response back. I am starting to think I will have to do a "Chargeback" on my credit card for them. :mad:

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
I have used them for about 10 times now and it seems every other order I have with them I run into some kind of trouble. I guess I keep going back to them because I am a price whore, and they do have the best prices.

They take a long time to resolve issues, and never answer your emails, at least for me they have never answered them.

One good thing I can say about them is that they never charge your card until the order is shipped. Another good thing I can say is eventually you will receive your order.

If you use Botach, be forewarned and expect problems. I guess it is worth the hassle and wait for the $150 I saved :-[

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Oh, crap. I just ordered a bunch of stuff from there (they do have great prices on optics). Now I'm having second thoughts.

I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So this is the last email I sent them and from what I am getting so far it is a 50-50 chance I will even get any kind of response. :banghead: I will have to check with my cc company to see if they charged me yet. :hopmad: Their prices are good and I can afford to wait but I would like to know if they will deliver what I want.......and in good shape! If they are like this now, I can't imagine what they will be like if there is a problem with the order! :crossedfingers:

It is kind of disconcerting that I have not heard from anyone as yet regarding my order, not from voice mail left or emails sent to your company.
If you are going to fill my order then please make sure I know by Monday and that the CAA Stock is the Mil Spec Version and Not commercial. As only the Mil Spec Version will fit the *********** included in my order.

If I do not hear from you by Monday 12PM EST or if the CAA stock is not the Mil Spec version, then please CANCEL my order and notify me that it has been canceled.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
They occasionally have really great deals. I've had good luck with their service, but have had several friends, including SuperRage report bad experiences.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I have bought from them a few time over the past several years and have not had any bad experiences with them. But them I only get the item if it's in stock.

·
Registered
194 Posts
One good thing I can say about them is that they never charge your card until the order is shipped. Another good thing I can say is eventually you will receive your order.
They did charge my card and even sent emailed a tracking number. After seeing no pickup on the tracking, it took about 10 days to get someone on the phone to discover that they didn't have it in stock and it would be another 2 weeks. I had them cancel my order and it took another week for them to reverse the charges.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Like Cartmann, I am a price whore too. 8)

I just ordered (2) new Pelican 1700 cases from Botach, and although I waited two weeks, for my order, they did not charge my credit card until they were shipped.

I guess I've placed about (15) orders from Botach in the last two years, and the only complaint I had was that they shorted me a set of Tru-Glo night sights for an HK USP. :mad:

A couple e-mails to customer service (finally) got it resolved (missing item promptly sent) - and I've had no issues since. ;D

IMO - if you can deal with the occasional (kinda long) wait - their prices are hard to beat.

Overall, they are better than R-Guns and that whole ammo mess... :2cents:

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys, I have not checked to see if they have charged my credit card as yet. I may send another email and let them know I can wait. Just not used to no response or communication of any kind.

Also when I placed my order it did not say that they were Out of Stock or anything like that as some sites will do. An email at least to say that this or that item is Back Ordered is not too much to ask is it?

Just concerned that the stock I ordered is the Commercial version and not the Mil Spec as their item description does not say which it is............. :duh:

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
They did charge my card and even sent emailed a tracking number. After seeing no pickup on the tracking, it took about 10 days to get someone on the phone to discover that they didn't have it in stock and it would be another 2 weeks. I had them cancel my order and it took another week for them to reverse the charges.

You too? It happened to me on my last order. I thought it was just an isolated incident. I got a tracking number 4 hours after I placed the order, and 2 days later I see my CC was charged, but when I went to check the UPS status 3 days after I got the tracking number, it still said "billing information received".

I left an email and 2 messages on why it still said "billing information received" even 3 days after I got the tracking number, and also why did they charge my card and give me a tracking number when nothing shipped. Eventually I got a call back the next day, and they told me they were out of stock. Lady said I should have it in 2 weeks.

I guess I have learned to be patient with them.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Try Opticsplanet.com for good prices and good service. MUCH better than botac!

Oh, crap. I just ordered a bunch of stuff from there (they do have great prices on optics). Now I'm having second thoughts.

I'll let you know how it goes.
OpticsPlanet's price on the Aimpoint H-1 is almost a hundred dollars more than BotachTactical's price.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
But Optics planet probably has them in stock ready to ship and Botach more than likely will place an order from Aimpoint when someone orders one.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
While I'm willing to pay an extra $100 to get an XCR without a wait (that's less than 6% markup), I'm not willing to pay a 23% markup on a sight just to "get it now." If I have to wait, I'll wait.

Now if it turns out their customer service is complete crap ... well, that's another story. I'll find out soon enough.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I placed 3 orders in the last two weeks and service has been fine. All Blackwater gear has cheap cheap prices due to them changing their name and it is all made by Uncle Mike's (Michaels of Oregon) in the USA. Once it is gone that's it. Quality at a cheap price ships quick as they are trying to dump it, no backorders to wait for.

SheepDog :2rifle:

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
IMHO, their prices often outweigh the potential for bad service. Again, just my opinion, and I've been lucky that they haven't messed up any of my orders.

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
IMHO, their prices often outweigh the potential for bad service. Again, just my opinion, and I've been lucky that they haven't messed up any of my orders.
I myself think it is worth the hassle. It is not like I never get the item or they send me defective stuff.

Also right now, if you order from Botach, you will get your next order for 10% off!

I ordered some HK mags and Aimpoint T1 from them on my last order. Since they gave me that 10% off coupon right after, well... it forced me to buy another T1 and more HK mags among other things! Also I found out that if you add Glock mags to your cart then Lancers mags drop to $15 each, and this is before the 10% discount! Can't beat the deals from Botach. Now I just have to hope I get my order.

Now I will have to eat ramen and spam for the next month. Obama does not need to put a gun ban on me. I put a self imposed ban on myself. No more gun stuff for a whole year!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts