XCR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rented it the other day and while I didn't care for the others in the series too much,I like this one.The gameplay is much better and the storyline is maybe the best I have ever experianced on any game.The cut scenes are long and interesting,and they're like minimovies you can go back and select to watch them again.Weapons selection is standard WWII stuff,M1 Garand,M1carbine,Thompson,BAR,MP40,G43(scoped)and one of my personal favorites the STG44.You can also pick up and use some MG42's,and while they slow your turn and walk speed down,they are a fucking lawnmower,and it doesn't walk much surprisingly enough.
This game is based on having to rely on squad tactics,to successfully complete your missions.You have command up to three fire teams that you can tell where to go and where to direct fire,etc.You can have an assault team,a base of fire team,a MG team and/or bazooka team,that are preselected for you.
One thing I don't like is that you can't take much damage before getting killed.While this is realistic,it a little difficult to get used to vs some other first person shooter games.Use of cover is a must,hard cover preferably,as it can be destroyed depending on it's construction.Your screen turns red whenever your pushing your bullet absorption luck.
Overall I really like the game,the graphics are eye candy,and I think replayability will be higher than some as you can try multiple tactics to see what works best.The storyline again is really good,you can't wait to see what happens next.It also gives some idea of the basics of squad/fireteam tactics,albeit extremely simplified,but it gives you an idea.It's definitely worth renting and I'm probably going to buy it down the road.I'm waiting on COD 5,I think that's going to be the best WWII shooter to date.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I love the series on the PC.The only thing that frustrates me is that it seems far to difficult to hit targets sometimes. I know the reason is that you are supposed to be under fire but they may take that a little too far. The Garand in the game just seems to jump around too much, unlike my real Garand. I still like the series though. I just got finished playing Crysis Warhead and I am about to start Far Cry 2. The Crysis series is just awesome. I already have Fallout 3 on order for next week. It is good to see some other gamers here.

·
Registered
384 Posts
i tried the demo and thought it was too complicated for me. i like games to be simple on the button configs. the new socom game is really fun. but its online only, if you dont play online mercenaries 2 was pimp!! :ninja:

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mercs II wasn't too bad,but it kinda had a Grand Theft Auto feel,except your blowing up shit for a country instead of the mafia.If you like that kinda thing it's pretty kool,although I've never been a big GTAuto fan,nor am I a huge fan of third person shooters either.I don't think I'll ever buy it,but I would play it again.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts