1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
431 Posts
Yeah, I heard about it a few months ago seems like its about Nazis on the moon... interesting...

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The whole argument seems to be what happened to real Sci Fi ???
I grew up on the Outer Limits ,and i liked it better than the twilight zone.
If some kids in Finland can come up with real Sci Fi then more power to them , HollyLib has screwed this up so bad it isnt worth watching anymore.
King Kong was the last one i saw that was worth a crap ,and the critics hated it.
War of the Worlds was about Tom Cruse ,it sucked ,
Mars Attacks was the closest to anything i grew up with .

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I have said for a while now that Hollywood has run out of any original ideas. Just look at all the story lines now from comic books and sequels. Sci-fi? Forget it. Other than a few of the original series on the Sci-Fi channel, there is just not much out there. Btw, I loved Mars Attacks. I can't remember when I laughed that hard.

I predict a new wave of Iraq/Afgan inspired movies soon. Anyone seen Generation Kill on HBO?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
And this is such a bummer
http://movies.yahoo.com/photos/collections/gallery/903/top-10-scientific-inaccurate-movies#photo1
Stop trying to make Sci Fi ,Si fact because your screwing up.
Man, those brought back some memories. The Core and Armageddon were the worst of the lot. The others have flaws but for the sake of entertainment, I can overlook most of them.

I also grew up on the Outer Limits (the original), Twilight Zone and Night Gallery. I still remember being totally creeped out by some of those shows.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
VB it wouldn't have been so bad if it hadn't tried to be science fact , good Sci Fi never says its fact ,its a what if thinking.
Remember the real old ones like Logan's Run , or Soilent green ?
It was just turn off part of your brain and enjoy the show ,reality is waiting out side.
I don't understand the rating system on that sight , Star Ship Troopers never tried to be anything other than entertainment , some of the others although not the best Sci Fi i have ever seen ,were not trying to be either.
Battlefield Earth was the worse one for me , War of the Worlds was mostly about Tom Cruse being a bad Daddy .
The Army going over that hill ,then some fire ,and a burning Hummer coming back was all i could stand ,the old one was better.
And i will say Independence day was far better than that one.
But who here didn't like Van Helsing ? Yes the full auto cross bow was a little much but!!!!
It was done by a Director Hollywierd didn't think amounted to anything.
Oh ,did you notice the full auto cross bow on the side said , Robinson VDB ? Vatican Defense Bow , im telling you Alex seems to pop up all over the place .

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Van Helsing was a fun enjoyable film with just enough vampires to make it interesting. The full auto crossbow was very "Bondish" in my opinion.I really wish they would do a sequel.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts