XCR Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Bump for Chris...

BTC Price on May 3 2017 (roughly when he posted this) was $1490.

BTC price today is about $47,000.

How 'bout them apples?
Ha! Talk about missing the mark! :D

Just to keep playing the game, back when BTC was still sub 7k after the big correction from 20, I estimated this next bull run would take us to 80k......a few weeks ago, some really wild predictions got dropped.....my current prediction may wind up as conservative as my last.....still, I'm uncomfortable signing off on them. I'm sticking with 80, +- 2 weeks from april 21st.

Also, XRP has become radioactive now that Garlinghouse has pissed in the SEC cheerios, but I still see that team going yard.....I imagine the SEC is looking for a check. Ripple will have to kick up a fat envelope to the mafia bosses and magically the issues will evaporate.....then.......buckle up.

Reactions: Sean K.

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I'm really curious where XRP goes. I'm even more curious where BTC ends up. With Chainlink basically replicating the Ripple tech on the Ethereum network, I am interested to see where the LINK/XLM/XRP competition ends up. It's entirely possible that all three will be possible, because there are major corporate players using all three networks at this point.

My general feeling about crypto is still the same as it was four years ago though. Throw in a little bit of money in a diversified portfolio and just hold onto it for 20+ years, and I think you'll be very pleased, even starting now.

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Chris, I was actually saying that you looked extremely prescient when you predicted a climb in BTC value. Anyone who'd bought on your recommendation four years ago would be extremely pleased right now. :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
I got to meet him while I was at Hillsdale in the 70’s. They also have Ludwig VonMises library one of the few places where Austrian economics is taught.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Chris, I was actually saying that you looked extremely prescient when you predicted a climb in BTC value. Anyone who'd bought on your recommendation four years ago would be extremely pleased right now. :)
I was gettin' ya man. :D

Just poking fun at what turned out to be a woefully conservative estimate.

These recent troubles in Texas have really highlighted 2 issues, the first directly related to the practicality of crytpo. The need for frictionless exchange that doesn't rely on the power grid, the only business running in the nearest town to us was a hardware store that has been on a cash and pencil system for 50 years....and with plumbing going down all over, it was a blessing. Lots of people had phones and service though......

The 2nd, is that you can't eat bullets and guns won't keep you warm.

Reactions: Sean K.

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I got to meet him while I was at Hillsdale in the 70’s. They also have Ludwig VonMises library one of the few places where Austrian economics is taught.
I've considered encouraging my kids to consider Hillsdale, but I'm not sure how well our socially libertarian, atheist family ethic would fit in there.

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I don't see crypto as an everyday spending technology. Although it could be, if you have functional cell networks.

The 2nd, is that you can't eat bullets and guns won't keep you warm.
Pellet stoves. You can store a lot of pellets in a shed and they will keep forever. You can keep your family warm with one pellet stove in a basement if you have to.

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I think the solution to the power outage issue is to let the market fix things. The reason we're seeing power outages in ice is that the government intervened to encourage a new technology (wind power) with massive subsidies, and pushed people to close functional power generation stations and replace them with something that apparently wasn't quite ready for prime time.

Regardless, I'm not a 'back to nature, homestead conservative.' I'm a promethean libertarian. The future is beautiful, and the problem is that the 'progressives' want to slow our progress toward it. The founders of the USA had a clear vision of that progress into a better future, and arranged a system that would get their descendants there in the most efficient and least disruptive manner. We've just managed to screw that system up so badly that it's breaking down. The good news is that it's now possible for innovation to escape the confines of the nation-state system in some ways, and that may yet save us.

Basically, what I'm saying is that I am not a Conservative, and, to bring this discussion back full circle, that puts me in almost total agreement with this article:

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Oh, and Chris, if you own any ETH, did you see that staking rewards are at about 10% right now (if you can keep your power on)?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts